Skylight is a technology startup based out of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our mission is to connect loved ones by creating the world’s simplest products and services that improve family life. We make consumer products, like Skylight Frame and Skylight Calendar, that are loved by millions of people across the globe. Our founders are former venture capitalists and serial entrepreneurs, who have scaled the business to $75M+ in annual revenue while being completely bootstrapped. We think often about the thousands of smiles we are able to put on our customers’ faces each day, and it fills our hearts with purpose. That’s why we have been working hard to expand our team and invent, so that we can continue to bring the magic of Skylight to millions of loved ones throughout the world.
The Head of Creative will play a pivotal role in helping to shape the visual and creative direction of the brand. The ideal candidate has developed exceptional creative across the entire marketing funnel, from awareness campaigns through to engaging performance assets and everything in between. This role is for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is motivated by a challenge and wants to push creative boundaries.
- Be the creative visionary. Set the creative vision for Skylight and implement it consistently.
- Develop and inspire creative concepts that will elevate the brand and entice new and existing customers to discover and shop Skylight.
- The art of storytelling is at the heart of brand-building. You'll shape Skylight's creative narrative, blending art, messaging, and strategy across platforms for a seamless and captivating brand experience.
- Lead and grow a talented creative team, inspiring and mentoring them to reach their full potential and fostering an innovative, collaborative culture.
- Champion the strategic repositioning of Skylight’s brand identity, visuals and voice to evolve with the competitive landscape and consumer preferences, while still maintaining the brand's core values and mission.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to produce content that tells the Skylight story and supports marketing initiatives.
- Work quickly to incorporate feedback and respond to creative requests.
- Remain current on creative and design trends in an effort to continually evolve the Skylight brand.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience leading creative for a DTC brand
- Deep understanding of design, art direction, and creative strategy, with a diverse portfolio showcasing your ability to turn an idea into a cohesive campaign across different channels and mediums
- A clear understanding of how creative can achieve business objectives while also pushing the envelope and meeting brand standards
- Experience creating and setting brand standards and guidelines
- Strong creative point of view that can be translated across departments, channels and mediums
- Demonstrated ability to define art direction across photography and video shoots, and lead production teams to deliver on the vision from pre-production to on-set leadership + vision, and post-production delivery
- Player and coach mentality - ability to set the creative vision but also execute against it. Strong leadership and team management skills to inspire, mentor, and guide the creative team effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong preference for candidates located in Los Angeles
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive Salary + Equity Package
- 401K matching
- Wellness, learning, and home-office budgets
- Health, Dental & Vision Medical Plans
- Tremendous autonomy to set the direction of your work
- Unlimited PTO
- Company holidays on the first Friday of every month