Job Tilte: Hadoop Admin
Duration: 12+ Months
- We are looking for 2-3 resources with Advanced Hadoop Admin skills with AWS .
- The candidates also should have prior database administration experience and exposure to Snowflake and Talend.
- Implementing, managing and administering the overall hadoop infrastructure.
- Takes care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters.
- A hadoop administrator will have to work closely with the database team, network team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
- If working with open source Apache Distribution then hadoop admins have to manually setup all the configurations- Core-Site, HDFS-Site, YARN-Site and Map Red-Site.
- However, when working with hadoop distribution like Cloudera the configuration files are setup on startup and the hadoop admin need not configure them manually.
- Hadoop admin is responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the hadoop cluster.
- Hadoop admin is also responsible for deciding the size of the hadoop cluster based on the data to be stored in HDFS.
- Ensure that the hadoop cluster is up and running all the time.
- Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance.
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- Backup and recovery tasks
- Resource and security management
- Troubleshooting application errors and ensuring that they do not occur again.
- Assisting users on connectivity for various tools like tableau, alteryx, talend and powerbi.
- CDSW upgrade, administration and monitoring
- KAFKA upgrade, administration and monitoring - is managed by data scientists as of now
- provided by Dice