- Previous experience (typically 7+ years) in total rewards roles with proven ability to navigate the complexities of diverse markets and ensure effective total rewards programs on an international scale
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make data-driven recommendations
- High level of integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Start-up/Scale-up or tech industry experience which includes the implementation of Global Total Rewards strategies and programs is most ideal for this position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Collaborate with the Director of Total Rewards and wider team on the development and implementation of a comprehensive total rewards strategy that supports Remote’s business goals.
- Develop a solid understanding of Remote’s strategy and business needs in order to conduct thorough market research and benchmarking to assess the competitiveness of Remote’s compensation structure.
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data, understand Remote’s strategy and business needs and transform data into actionable insights to support decision-making.
- Analyse salary data and industry trends to provide recommendations for salary ranges, geo-tiering, and compensation adjustments to maintain internal equity and market competitiveness.
- Act as a partner and trusted advisor, supporting the wider People team, managers and leaders in understanding and navigating total rewards-related matters.
- Develop and maintain rewards policies, guidelines and communication materials to promote a strong understanding and transparency on total rewards programs and changes.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the people team and managers on job assessment processes, guaranteeing Remote’s Job Architecture and Levelling systems are applied consistently across the areas.
- Collaborate closely with our Global Operations Benefits team to roll out local benefits and continuously review if improvements could be made.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of Remote’s global benefits offering and identify opportunities to improve it, in order to increase employee engagement and understanding
- Conduct regular audits on all rewards-related data (e.g. base pay, allowances, variable pay, benefits, job levels) for accuracy and due diligence.
- You'll report to: Director of Total Rewards
- Team: People Team
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with Recruiter
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- (async) Excircise stage
- Interview with Team Members (no managers present)
- Interview with CPO
- Prior employment verification check(s)
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $41450 USD $139850 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.