This role can be done remotely anywhere within the US - workign hours will be Monday-Friday first shift based on East Coast time (830am-530pm)
Role Value Proposition:
This role serves as the lead member of the infrastructure penetration testing team and executes and manages MetLife's global penetration testing program. The candidate will have the responsibility to identify, setup and support our external partner penetration testing, as well as oversee and perform internal pen testing. The candidate will also have the responsibility to lead a cross-functional engineering team to identify strategies to close vulnerabilities. This role must have a strong understanding of standard enterprise infrastructure, and experience in identifying and eliminating risk in a global environment.
* Develop the strategy and manage the execution of the global internal and external penetration testing program through various initiatives, the creation of new processes and continuous improvement
* Lead and work with a team of analysts and consultants
* Identify testing requirements from internal stakeholders and provide testing parameters to external testing partners
* Setup and conduct scenario-based penetration testing initiatives
* Validation of pen test findings (exploitability and remediation) and of potential vulnerabilities
* Conduct qualitative review of external partner reports to ensure they meet MetLife's standards for acceptance.
* Assist engineering teams' efforts in remediating or mitigating identified issues.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* 10+ years in leading Pen Testing activities and working in a large enterprise infrastructure (Strategy and execution).
* Leadership experience
* In-depth knowledge of modern enterprise and security architectures of large organizations
* Industry recognized information security and pen testing certifications are preferred: GPEN, CEH, SSCP, OSCP, SSCP etc
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Security or 5+ additional years of related equivalent work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
* Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
* Experience leading initiatives in a global environment extending across multiple countries and time zones.
* Strong ability to communicate to stakeholders with various levels of expertise
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent leadership skills and relationship management experience
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
The wage range for this position specific to Colorado is $125,800-157,300 base. You may be also eligible for the MetLife Annual Variable Incentive Plan ("AVIP"). Your eligibility for an AVIP award are governed by the terms of the applicable plan or program documents. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits-12 program that includes Medical, Dental, Life, Vision plus Retirement benefits and Paid Time Off.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 118877