Hire Resolve is seeking a talented Geologist to join our team of professionals. As a Geologist, you will be responsible for analyzing geological data and conducting fieldwork to assess the impact of major construction developments on sites. You will collaborate with other geologists and engineers to complete engineering design and construction projects, as well as perform geotechnical and geological investigations.
- Inspect and oversee a variety of geotechnical construction projects, including: soldier pile walls, soil nail walls, auger cast piles, drilled shafts, pin piles, mass grading, and embankment construction.
- Provide field and laboratory testing of concrete, hot mix asphalt, and soils/aggregates during the construction of utilities, walls, roads, deep foundations, and bridges.
- Prepare daily field reports summarizing construction activities.
- Perform field explorations: Hand holes, DCP soundings, pavement coring, slope profiles, small scale infiltration testing.
- Log soil and soil properties during test pit excavations and machine drilled borings.
- Write reports summarizing data collected during geotechnical investigations.
- Prepare site specific traffic control plans for permitting.
- Fill out and submit permit applications to different municipalities and agencies.
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractors such as flaggers, drillers, private utility locators, and excavating contractors.
- Operate core drill to core through asphalt, concrete, and brick to assist in roadway design and for drill rig access.
- Construction inspection duties: measuring bid items, collecting material tickets, creating field note records, writing inspector’s daily reports, and material field verifications
- Salary: $75K/yr - $90K/yr, salary negotiable
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (if applicable)
- Contact Hire Resolve for your next career-changing move.
- Our client is offering a highly competitive salary for this role based on experience.
- You can also visit the Hire Resolve website: hireresolve.us or email us your resume: Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
- We will contact you telephonically in 3 days should you be suitable for this vacancy. If you are not suitable, we will put your resume on file and contact you regarding any future vacancies that arise.
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience (geology and/or engineering geology)
- Bachelor's degree in a technically related field
- Professional certifications and registrations
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, standards, codes, and guidance