NOTE: This position is being published to build our candidate pipeline for future opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time if there is a mutual interest. We appreciate your interest in Kapsch.The Role:
Kapsch TrafficCom North America is seeking resumes for Java Developers for future positions. In this role, you would work as part of the back-end development team to develop, improve, and maintain multiple products designed on the principles of an N-tier architecture. The main products are mission-critical transaction processing systems, similar to a clearing-house application, with supporting applications that provide diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring. The developer will design software components for some of the most complex traffic management systems using object-oriented design principles.Responsibilities:
What's in it for you?
- Implement software designs through iterative detailed design, code, and unit test cycles Mentoring junior developers, and have input into the implementation of software solutions
- Troubleshoot and correct software defects
- Produce software documentation following company defined software process and templates
- Participate in software product review and team meetings
- Developing products that consists of generic cores that are customized, and extended by modules for individual customers
- Creating and securing APIs to internal and external teams and third parties, with one or more RDBMS back-ends
- Interact with members of other teams during design, development, and maintenance of deliverables
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
What we are looking for:
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
Our top Candidates will have:
- Degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of web development experience in Java in Linux/Unix and Windows environments
- Experience with concurrent (multi-threaded) programming, varied Java software packages, GUI development; standard object library; network programming; video systems; geospatial systems; and non-Java software technologies such as .Net, C++, or various Windows API's.
- Experience installing, maintaining, and deploying Java based Application Servers (Tomcat/Wildfly)
- Experience with any scripting/interpreted language such as Bash and Python
- Experience with tooling like Docker, Ansible, and Maven/Gradle
- Understanding of enterprise software design principles - architecture, design patterns, OOP
- Team oriented mindset, good source control practices, while able to fully complete tasks & objectives independently
- Experience with RDMS backends ( Oracle/PostgreSQL/MySQL)
NOTE: This position is being published to build our candidate pipeline for future opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time if there is a mutual interest. We appreciate your interest in Kapsch.
- Experience with Eclipse; Spring Application Framework; Cloud/Distributed Technologies such as Hazelcast; Enterprise Service Bus products; Unified Modelling Language; Junit; Hibernate; MagicDraw; SNMP4J; Mule ESB; or MongoDB.
- Comfort using a *nix terminal (no GUI)
- Comfort with multi-threaded applications
- Familiarity with at least one modern framework
- Enjoying unit testing, documentation, design reviews, and code reviews
- Desire to learn new skills, improve existing ones, and continuously improve professionally with on the job training
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT) Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates:
Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact
#Dice - provided by Dice