This is an exciting opportunity to be a key member of the Finance team supporting a dynamic and high-growth organization in the software industry. This is a fully remote position with tremendous opportunity for growth. The Accountant will play a supporting role in ensuring the day to day accounting operations run smoothly, with a strong emphasis on accuracy and efficiency, allowing the company to meet our internal and external reporting and analysis needs and filing timelines while also maintaining compliance with US GAAP.
- We are an agile company. Always learning, always improving. Contribute to continuous improvement of the finance and reporting process so key stakeholders have the data needed to manage and grow the business.
- Thoroughly and accurately maintain practices and documentation in accordance with company policy and GAAP.
- Accurately and timely maintain scorecards and financial reports weekly. Financial modeling, auditing, big data/reporting. Support the development of financial models for monthly forecasting and annual plans.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of results, drivers and report variances versus prior year, current forecast, and business plan to be presented to leaders.
- Process expense reimbursements via expensify, manage and monitor bank relationships and corporate credit cards programs.
- Track internal timesheet system to ensure completion and accuracy every week.
- Manage all A/P and A/R for the company including data entry and reporting.
- Review and audit weekly timesheets for accurate client invoicing and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and planning process including month end and annual close.
- Assist with tax reporting and data collection.
- Provide financial support to the leadership team on budget creation, compensation review systems, bonus calculations, commission calculations and benefit accruals.
- Manage equity certificates and documentation for all employees.
- Serve as the main contact for business insurance portfolio collaborating with vendors during renewal and throughout plan year.
- Manage 1099 independent contractor documentation and reporting.
- Coordinate with business development to set up new clients, review contract proposals so financial terms are met. Serve as the main point of contact for our clients and vendors for billing related questions or concerns.
- Process semi-monthly payroll, manage payroll tax liabilities, submit 401k contributions, handle 401k audit reporting annually, and manage state and international entity creation as we expand our business.
- Create balanced accounting practices in collaboration with CFO and enforce the integrity of systems.
- 4+ years of working in a staff accounting role practicing GAAP
- 2+ years experience working with Quickbooks and payroll software.
- Strong technical skills. Expert/power level Excel skills to deal with large data sets, data analytics and reporting. Excellent Math skills. Ability to query, analyze and summarize data efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving, fast paced environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Must have access to a workspace conducive for remote work.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to critically think, investigate and resolve issues across many departments both internally and externally.
- Motivated, positive, adaptable, excited for growth and opportunity.
- Must reside in the US and willing to work in the east coast time zone.
- Healthcare including HMO & PPO options
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- 401K with matching
- Company equity
- Annual performance bonus
- Professional development
- Work-life balance