We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello, the Greek word for future, is our proprietary technology product that will transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello is just the beginning loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. Come join us!
The Senior Software Engineer will be focused on designing, developing, and enhancing state-of-the-art customer-facing applications. This person will design APIs, Microservices, and web applications to enable build better customer experience. We expect you to bring excellent code, an understanding of modern design patterns and a passion for performance. We will provide you with access to cutting edge technology, a modern Agile workplace, a team of skilled professionals, and complex problems to solve. We are growing as a company and we will support your professional growth by investing in talent development, skill building and offering opportunities for your continuous growth.
- Work with the Product Owner to provide technical design, estimation, and implementation for user stories.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, SCRUM, and Retrospectives.
- Provide technical design leadership on user stories, engaging the Data and Architecture groups as needed.
- Deliver user stories on time with high quality, serving in a leadership role where needed or in a supporting capacity.
- Mentor junior developers and assist with the technical breakdown of user stories for execution as needed.
- Design software for reliability and automated deployment by creating detailed unit tests using an appropriate testing framework.
- Work with the Information Security Team to assure that all solutions follow best practices in protecting our customers personal information.
- Take a primary role in resolving critical production issues when needed.
- Strong development experience in .Net Core and C# programming experience.
- Ability to perform domain driven design, Microservices and APIs development.
- Expertise in avoiding common problems of dynamic application load using established techniques such as caching, API design, resource scaling and asynchronous communication patterns.
- Ability to deliver applications built on well designed and reusable components.
- At least 5 years of experience with building enterprise-scale applications.
- "Full-stack" experience with a combination of front-end and strong back-end service development experience, with technologies such as Angular, C#, SQL Server, Rules Engine, etc.
- Experienced in SQL DML and DDL, ability to read data models, as well as identify and resolve common performance problems. Good to have NoSQL experience (e.g., MongoDB).
- Commitment to code quality as demonstrated by the practice of test-driven development, the creation of unit test cases (nUnit) and active participation in code reviews.
- Experience developing with deploying applications on one of the Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP), Azure cloud experience preferred.
- Design applications with simple and well understood dependencies suitable for deployment in a CI/CD environment (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design applied using any programming languages.
- Familiarity with the creation and use of NuGet packages, CI/CD artifacts, and other approaches to simplify and reuse software.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Exposure to "expert systems" design including the use of rules-based approaches and machine learning.
- Mortgage Finance experience is desired but not mandatory.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO (Discretionary Time Off) in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.