Be A Part of our Team!
Join a working family that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do!
Teaching Strategies is an innovative ed-tech organization focused on connecting teachers, children, and families. As front runners in the early childhood education market, we build dynamic, top-quality digital products that integrate all of the essential elements of a high-quality solution: curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family engagement. Position overview
Teaching Strategies is looking for a highly talented, innovative, and creative Full Stack Software Engineer to join its technology team. We are looking for an engineer that wants to make a real impact in early childhood education. Our platform is evolving, so you need to be someone who can build new functionality and learn new technologies quickly, as well as be able to maintain and extend existing code to support organizational needs.
Our Software Engineering team is responsible for building out SaaS solutions used by educational organizations across the globe. The team works on a wide variety of projects, solving existing problems and enabling new business objectives. We believe that great technology experts are also software generalists who are unafraid to jump up and down the stack to solve the problems that come our way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working on software that supports millions of users daily, then you have an opportunity to join the technology group at Teaching Strategies. Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Developsnew features, components, and modules to support organizational growth
- Implementsa robust set of services and APIs to powerhigh-trafficked SaaS platform
- Contributes client application development for modern browsers and mobile platforms
- Participates in planning, analysis, and design of new software solutions
- Investigates troubleshootsand remediesperformance bottlenecks in the application flow
- Learnsnew technologies and keepsup with both traditional and emerging best practices
- Worksindependently and collaborateswith other members of the team to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Teaching Strategies is a federal government contractor and thus requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the employee is entitled to accommodation for reasons related to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief. Qualified applicants must comply with this vaccine policy as a condition of employment.
- 5 + years of production experience in software engineering and web application development
- Hands-on experience with Git version control system
- Understanding of modern design patterns such as SOA
- Excellent debugging and testing skills, and interest in quickly learning new technologies
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development
- Commitment to following security and performance best practices
- Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability
Why Teaching Strategies:
- Experience developing and maintaining mobile applications for iOS and Android either natively or using ReactNative
- Experience withdesigning and building scalable solutions in Google Cloud Platform
- Production experience with NoSQL data stores
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies! Some additional benefits & perks while working with Teaching Strategies:
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Company-sponsored events
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts with employer contributions
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company-sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Generous paid time off (which includes Winter Break)