Do you have at least 4 years of full stack developer experience?
Are you really good with Node.js?
Are you a team player, eager to collaborate with others and have FUN while doing it?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to join a GREAT work culture, with room to grow and plenty of work to go around?
Then this might be just the opportunity for you!
TheFull Stack Software Engineer applies software engineering and design principles using MEAN stack to build large-scale enterprise and web applications. This role will need to be able to service limited legacy technologies while building new software in a microservice/cloud environment.
Here at Fairway, we strongly believe the way we do things is just as important as what we do. Our Core Values define how we work together as team, support individual growth, and guide us in determining how we can best serve our customers, team members and communities. As a member of our IT Digital Solutions & Innovations Team, YOU can be a difference maker!
- Write code and assists in the architecting for large-scale web and desktop applications
- Develop robust testing plans
- Design data structures to meet application requirements
- Work with team to plan which technologies are best suited for product technologies
- Participates in Agile software development projects to design, code, and test websites and webservices to deliver quality services promptly. Webservices may run on a Node.js server on-prem or as microservices either in the corporate core network on in the cloud.
- Develops/codes complex application components based on detail designs developed from business user stories
- Translates user stories to tasks relating to process and data requirements.
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across multiple technologies.
- Execution and performance of production support tasks for multiple mortgage production applications.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in applying programming and testing techniques and tools such as debugging
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to learn new technologies as the need arises
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the functional design and architecture of application systems across multiple technologies and platforms
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field preferred
- 2+ years with node.js or comparable technology
- 2+ years in some object-oriented programming language
- 3+ years working on large-scale, consumer-facing web applications
- Experience working with cloud-hosted microservice applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment: Scrum and Kanban
- Fintech experience a plus
If the above job describes you and youre interested in becoming a part of the Fairway team, please Apply Now to complete our application process. Be sure to include a resume with your application.