6 months' contract to hire
This role is remote but candidates MUST be in drivable distance for their offices located in Plano, Houston, Austin, or San Antonio as that is where they have offices.
General UI exposure is fine, but some time with React would be best. C#/.Net is the heaviest need cause this person is to be Managers back-up developer.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Continued development and support of custom applications back-end infrastructure
• Focused development on core backbone applications to be reused across various interfaces and application integration
• Maintain API, Azure, and SharePoint cloud delivery environment
• Streamline external vendor processes into reusable Highland interfaces
• Create SQL Stored Procedures
• Demonstrate a security-first approach to applications and data
• Foster multi-app data-friendly ecosystem
• Plan and develop new enhancements for the continued evolution of systems
• Continual improvement by suggesting enhancements for API interface and architecture
• Execute GitHub code management lifecycle practices
• Determine the best approach for serverless apps versus traditional server-driven applications on an app by app basis.
• Foster O365 and Azure AD integration into applications where applicable
• All secrets shall be kept out of codebases, and department guidelines followed
• Maintain Swagger documentation lifecycle for all API endpoints
• Follow responsive coding principles, building scalable and optimized code
• Design client-side and server-side architecture • Deliver application flow diagrams for data feeds and update cycles per application
• Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
• Determine areas of complexity and potential risks associated with implementing new changes
• Interface with application owners and department representatives to interpret design criteria
• Diagnose and resolve complex system problems in a timely and efficient manner
• Primary Support contact for multiple custom applications
• Applications to be security-focused
• Form standards and practices around new API and endpoint generations
• Deliver and maintain API interface to be used for all future development
• Problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner within established SLA
• Customer service skills result in rapport and confidence with end-users
• Provide quality work according to Highland Homes Core Values & Guiding Principles
• Communicate reliable time frames for deliverables
• College Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience in full-stack development with C#.Net Core required
• Minimum 5 years API integration required
• Minimum 3 years experience with MSSQL required
• Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
• Familiarity with databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong communicator (oral and written), including the desire to ask questions and learn from others required.
• High level of proficiency in MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) required.
• Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task required.