UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Ready to raise your game by a quantum leap? At UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We've spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster. We've developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we've created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses. Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards to assist in the development, communication and implementation of our evolving technology architecture.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop software applications and application components
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design / code reviews and developing automated test cases
- Ensure that all delivered solutions adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability
- Work with geographically distributed teams
- Work closely with product management and other stakeholders to aid solution development
- Leverage the latest technologies to solve complex problems facing the health care industry
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests, driving continuous integration / validation, and supporting the creation and design of performance, load, and user acceptance tests
- Build methods and tools to automate development activities and set DevOps model
The complexity of this role can be challenging. You'll be working on strategic programs with responsibility for providing software development leadership to key initiatives across the organization. You'll be expected to ensure that the programs align to the IT strategy, leverage enterprise components and capabilities, advance the state of our IT assets, and expand and improve on our enterprise engineering strategy.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in engineering, computer science or similar field of study
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience with Agile / Scrum
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience with Angular, React, Node.js, HTML / CSS
- 2+ years of experience with Azure
- 2+ years of experience with REST APIs and Microservices
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 2+ years of experience with EHR clinical integrations (IHE Profiles or custom protocols)
- 2+ years of experience implementing solution according to HIPAA and Privacy rules especially in relationship to payers domain
- 1+ years of experience with EHRs workflow (EPIC, Allscripts, Cerner, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience processing CCD-A and / or various CCD-A templates
- Experience designing solutions connecting to EHR via vendor provider APIs (SMART on FHIR or custom)
- Experience with Python
- Exposure to Kanban and SAFe
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning concepts
- Familiar with SMART on FHIR concept
- Familiar with HL7 concepts
- Familiar with clinical domains CPT, ICD, LOINC
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Full Stack Engineer, Java, React, Node.js, HTML, CSS, Azure, OpenShift, Full Stack, Software Development, Software Engineering, Apigee, Agile, Scrum, Microservices, CPT, ICD, LOINC, MLAI, REST, APIs, HER, Allscripts, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote