New Work SE - for a better working life
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future - for a better working life!
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people - For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
As part of the XING Tech Core, our User Trust Technology Team (UTEC) provides solutions for legal and support teams. For that, our business analyst connects with our stakeholders while our international development team builds services to meet their needs. Our mission is to enable growth of user trust. Join our team and get involved in lots of exciting new projects.A challenging task
A convincing background
- Be part of our cross-functional software development team in an agile environment.
- Discuss and implement innovative solutions with your team, our business analysts, and internal and external partners.
- Develop in a high-risk area with sensitive data.
- Live the complete development cycle, including task breakdown, coding, writing
unit tests, participating in code reviews and performing deployments.
- Propose improvements to our processes to be able to deliver higher quality
software on time.
An inspiring environment
- You're a highly motivated software engineer.
- You are able to write clean code in a Ruby on Rails and React environment.
- You're passionate about learning and continuously improving yourself, the processes, and the team around you.
- You're an excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- You have a good sense of humor and keep calm in difficult situations.
- You value transparency, honesty, and helping your team to grow.
- You have a degree in computer science or a similar field.
- You're fluent in English.
- Remote-friendly approach with options that can go up to 100% of your time - work from anywhere in Portugal.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users
- Innovation/hack weeks
- Annual conference allowances, trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year and if you want to speak at conferences, we'll support you at any way we can
- Many different events and initiatives just for fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids
- An Employee Assistance Program to assist you with any personal or work-related problems that may impact your mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year's eve)
- Sabbatical leave for a break from work
- A multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world, with diverse backgrounds
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- Feeling sporty? Enjoy great gym deals, running club and other deals
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for referring a friend
- You pet is more than welcome :)
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make New Work big in Porto, we'd be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don't worry! You're more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!