GameStop is looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Ecommerce team. This role will be remote and will collaborate with a team of engineers, product managers, designers, and business partners distributed across the U.S. In this role, you will help design, build, and maintain highly scalable microservices and core front-end components, powering products and features that delight millions of GameStop customers. The ideal candidate will be customer-obsessed, highly collaborative, and passionate about creating customer experiences that are both frictionless and delightful. A passion for gaming and ecommerce are a plus!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Collaborate with product managers, designers, and fellow engineers to build software solutions that power the shopping experience across all platforms.
• Design and implement highly-performant web applications and services.
• Work across web development and scalable middle tier and back-end services.
• Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design, and extensible code.
• Write scalable, performant, readable, and tested code. Monitor, track, and optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
• Review code and provide meaningful feedback to peers to help build better solutions.
• Use data to provide input to prioritization discussions.
• Thrive in an ambiguous environment, be resourceful, and make tradeoffs to deliver customer impact.
• Exhibit a bias for action, constantly looking for ways to improve performance and customer experience.
• Establish strong working relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
• Be results-oriented, data-driven, and passionate about building innovative customer experiences.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience
• 2+ years relevant work experience with building highly performant full-stack applications and services. This is in addition to degree/experience requirement above.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like, agile development environment.
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, object-oriented design, and data structures.
• Familiarity with HTML5, CSS, and web frameworks such as React or Angular.
• 1+ years of experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, or another cloud service.
• Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and collaborating across multiple teams.
WHAT'S GOOD TO HAVE
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language/technology.
• Experience working on streaming data applications (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, or Spark Streaming).
• Ecommerce experience