We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our collaborative team of 8 engineers based mainly across London and Poland, to focus on driving the success and development of our market leading disruptive technology. As one of our Full -Stack Engineers, you’ll be focusing on developing robust and scalable features for our Contract Builder platform, optimising the application for maximum speed and efficiency, whilst keeping an eye on the scalability and stability of our product.
Bringing your years of experience in software development as well as product development, this role would be particularly of interest to you having come from a previous start up or scale up environment.
We’re building technology for the next generation of insurers.
At Artificial, we're not just building software. We're reshaping the future of the insurance industry. Our mission is clear – to leverage the best of today's technology and automation, revolutionising how insurers and brokers operate. By removing the mundane and repetitive, we're paving the way for innovation, efficiency, and most importantly – human-centric solutions.
You’ll be working with talented people, using the latest technology in an environment where learning is supported. As an outcomes-focused business, taking ownership is not only expected but embraced, meaning the opportunity to create meaningful change is within your power.
We recently secured £9.5M in Series A funding from our investors Force Over Mass, Mundi Ventures, MS&AD Ventures as well as all existing shareholders, and are looking forward to the next stage of fundraising. Join us, and take the chance to be a part of something that will change the landscape of insurance for generations.Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Flexibility around work hours (you can propose a work pattern that works for you and we will accommodate as far as possible)
- Generous holiday allowance of 28 days plus national holidays (location dependent)
- Private Medical Health Insurance (location dependent)
- Access to private mental health services including therapists (location dependent)
- Company pension (statutory level provision) (location dependent)
- Home office and equipment allowance, and a high-end company Macbook
- Learning allowance and encouragement to attend conferences / take exams
- Milestone Birthday Bonus
- Team social events and company parties
- Pizza at every All Hands or allowance for lunch at home
- The best coffee machine in London, handmade in Italy and imported just for us!
- Remote working
Our engineering teams are remote-first, meaning you can work from home in the UK/Poland most of the time. There will be occasions when you’ll be needed in London (for example, whole company meetings, social events and occasionally you may be needed onsite with clients). Although these will be compulsory, you would be given as much notice as possible of these dates so that you can plan accordingly.
We're an equal opportunities employer, with a strong commitment to hiring from the rich diversity within our local communities. If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment to the hiring process, please do let us know at any time and feel free to let us know your preferred pronouns. In addition, if you feel you don’t tick all the boxes of requirements, please do apply anyway - Artificial recognises the value of raw talent.
- Technology Stack: Our application uses TypeScript and React for the front end. We operate on AWS with a focus on serverless solutions, ensuring our application is scalable and efficient. For testing, we rely on Cypress.
- Product Development: Work on enhancing and stabilising our product, ensuring it's scalable and efficient. Take the lead in feature development, refactoring, and overall product improvements.
- Team Collaboration: Interact with a multidisciplinary team to ensure a cohesive product experience.
- Mentoring: As the team grows, you'll have opportunities to guide and assist newer members, helping them integrate and understand our standards and processes.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, ideally in a startup environment.
- Experience building SPAs and NodeJS backend solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with designers to review and implement UI/UX designs.
- Knowledge of AWS services, particularly DynamoDB, Lambda, and other serverless technologies.
We especially want to hear from you if you have:
- Collaborative skills with an emphasis on product quality.
- Experience in insurtech, insurance or related industries.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a distributed work environment.