Full Stack Engineer - REMOTE Why you want to work at Flexion:
We're looking for a full-stack engineer with an unwavering passion for agile development and automation. Most of the work we do is on large-scale, enterprise-wide systems (both commercial and government)-this project in particular will help ensure that millions of Americans receive high-quality healthcare.
At Flexion (an agile software company that's been delivering excellence for over 24 years), our company culture is built on autonomy, trust, and transparency. We empower teams to remain self-sufficient and self-directed by hiring people who can solve complex problems through collaboration-this means lending a hand and flexing your multi-skilled mles (research, content, business analysis, information architecture, etc.) as needed. Every member within a cross-functional team is a leader who takes responsibility for the entire team's success, which mirrors the company's overall flat structure.What the job looks like:
You'll be responsible for strong application design and development skills as a member of a foundational components team. In this role, you must possess excellent problem-solving skills and deep technical knowledge with a strong aptitude for appreciating the focus, scope, and impact of your work in a much wider and forward-looking software landscape. You should also be able to demonstrate a history of technical leadership, excellent communication, and a positive attitude. The project work is primarily remote but may require some client on-site work estimated at
- Collaborate with team members to develop tools that support several products, development teams. Although you are a member of the foundational components team, you may work directly with other development teams as an "Embedded Liaison". Some of your time will be spent with your teams as a Liaison, while the rest is spent working with the foundational components team to build tools and solutions.
- Provide expert troubleshooting services and support product development teams as diagnostic experts to help reduce the severity and duration of significant incidents, and to understand and document incident root causes.
Why we want to hire you:
- Embedded Liaisons are infrastructure and automation experts that serve as ambassadors, directly connecting product teams to the foundational components team. You will interact directly with your product teams every day. For the foundational components team, you are our eyes and ears on the ground, conducting invaluable user research. For the product teams, you socialize and coach cloud services tools, solutions, and services.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software in an agile environment, including application framework components for use by the development team and business components when it intersects with new technology direction
- Collaborate with other teams in the organization to define supporting infrastructure and software tools needed to run and monitor software in a large scale environment
- Learn and analyze new technologies and industry best practices to identify suitability for adoption by the development team
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software and infrastructure to ensure projects meet goals for security, scalability, maintainability, availability, and resiliency and should be able to clearly articulate and present the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues, and plans to leadership
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
- Drive a quality mindset within the team
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Independent/go-getter attitude to stay well-versed with new evolving technologies and apply this knowledge to improve the software we're developing now or in future
- Experience with all aspects of application development
- Excellent communication skills are required in order to build relationships with other teams on the product teams we support.
You can design small pieces as you go, while still thinking about how they fit into the whole. You welcome change as a positive thing (instead of viewing it as "rework") and never look at anything you deliver as "final." You understand when "good enough" really IS good enough, without ever compromising on the overall product quality.
- 8+ years of application development experience
- Experience with several of the following: Node.js, Python, Scala, Java, Postgres, DynamoDB
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience building APIs using a microservices architecture
- Experience developing cloud application architectures, specifically AWS
- Experience with tools supporting DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with automated unit testing, end-to-end testing, smoke tests, and application monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other IT related degree or two (2) additional years of experience in the Information Technology field in lieu of a degree for a total of ten (10) years of experience.
At Flexion, we live by these principles:
- Speak openly and honestly with your colleagues and clients about problems and proposed solutions
- Welcome and handle changing requirements and priorities with little or no warning
- Collaborate online in small groups about 50% of the time
- Encourage simple and minimal solutions that keep options open
- Expect and vocally advocate for quality first
- Learn new practices and techniques as the situation demands
- Ensure the teams develop demonstrable software every week or two
- Do what needs to be done to deliver the product or project without ego or attitude
- Dig deep to find the root causes of problems so we can create the right solutions
- Relentlessly improve yourself, your team, and your processes
The most efficient way to reach our recruiting team is to submit your resume through the URL provided. If you have questions or would like more information about this job posting or if you'd like to know more about Flexion Inc. in general, please contact at
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us atfor assistance.
- provided by Dice