ZALA are a leading Australian ecommerce company, selling hair extensions to retail and wholesale customers world-wide. We're looking to expand our development team with a remote frontend specialist.
- Startup-style culture - you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of systems and projects day-to-day, but with more product ownership and less context switching than you'd find in an agency
- We prioritise data-driven decision-making over guesswork
- Modern technology stack, including:
- Magento 2 (as a PWA)
- Version control (git), structured deployments & realistic scheduling
- Limited technical debt and very little time spent dealing with legacy software
- Open to new technologies, processes and improvements - if you've got a thought about how we can improve something, we're listening
Day to day, you'll:
- Plan and develop new systems and improvements to solve business problems
- Work with our design team to implement UI/UX improvements for our existing features
- Collaborate with the development team over video, voice calls and chat
- Work remotely for our Sydney office hours
- Report directly to the CTO, who is an experienced developer coming from a background in Magento consulting
We're looking for someone who:
- Has great written and verbal communication skills
- Genuinely enjoys solving problems
- Has 3-5+ years experience as a professional software developer (experience with our specific technologies is highly regarded)
A relevant degree is a plus, but not essential.
This role will be structured as an initial three month contract, leading to permanent full-time for the right candidate.