As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Linguist performs quality control tasks and on-demand translation tasks, and takes on linguistic lead functions on assigned projects; coordinates the activities of a group of translators for assigned accounts or projects, trains and develops freelancers, and ensures that the work is performed at a satisfactorily high standard within the specified deadlines and quality level; ensures that the Language Process is being followed by the project/account team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing quality control tasks on assigned projects or accounts (EN > FRCA);
- Performing on-demand translation tasks (EN > FRCA);
- Performing trans-creation, translation and post-editing tasks (EN > FRCA);
- Performing other translation-related admin tasks (EN > FRCA);
- Managing project-related queries;
- Preparing, managing, and maintaining the language materials (including glossaries, Style Guides, work instruction) up to quality standards and up to date;
- Interacting with clients on linguistic matters as required;
- Developing and training new and existing freelancers according to the accounts’ and Welocalize’s needs;
- Ensuring good interaction among team members and resolving questions on terminology and language matters;
- Participating in the development of new and improved working processes;
- Achieving the goals set by the French Team Lead.
- University degree in Translation/Applied Languages or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the translation and localization industry.
- Fluent in French Canadian (native level), both written and spoken, fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Experienced as a translator in Mobile Apps, Search Engines, IT Consumer Products, Entertainment, Marketing, Software UI, Websites is a plus;
- Excellent feel for language (source/target);
- Knowledge of terminology in the following subject matters IT consumer products, social media and entertainment;
- Thorough understanding of the localization process;
- Excellent user experience of standard software, such as Windows and Office applications and standard CAT tools;
- Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and translators;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to train/teach others and pass on knowledge;
- Ability to work in a virtual team.