At Doist, we're building the future of work.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully-remote, team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our four core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Ambition. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. You set high standards for yourself and those around you. You solve issues that have a high impact on our customers and our company.
- Mastery. You care deeply about the quality of your work. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. As a champion of your craft, you are also a champion of your well-being – you work intensely, then disconnect completely.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time. You keep your word and trust your teammates to do the same. You are proactive, take ownership, and remain accountable with little or no direction.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging. You keep others in the loop and never go radio silent. You speak respectfully and foster warm relationships through your interactions. You’re culturally and socially aware and can appropriately navigate social situations.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
We’re looking for a native Turkish speaker who has a demonstrated passion and experience for translation. In this part-time role, you will deliver excellent translation services, delighting our customers with a localized app, help center, and marketing content. You’ll collaborate closely with localization project managers to develop specific terminology for new features which will shape the Doist voice for your local market/region. You will also be responsible for identifying and addressing linguistic issues and maintaining language references such as a glossary and style guide.
Indicators this could be a good role for you
We're looking for someone with:
- Native-level fluency in English and Turkish
- At least 2 years of translation experience, preferably for a tech company
- Demonstrated passion for localization quality and consistency
- Extremely proactive work style with the ability to deliver on a tight schedule
- Perfect English skills and very high attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
- Bonus: an understanding of translation management tools, glossary, translation memory
Doist is a diverse, remote-first team that’s committed to building a sustainable company that will continue to grow for decades to come.
Some benefits include:
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you.
- Diverse team. We have a dynamic, international team that spans 25+ countries.
- Free Doist product subscriptions.
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reach a member of our People Operations team.Requirements
A complete application includes:
- A resume or manually entered experience (you can choose your preference).
- Thoughtful, thorough responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
After passing an initial candidate profile review, the process will be as follows:
- Interview with Daniel G., Translation Team Project Manager.
- Assignment of take-home test task.
- Interview with Melis Ü., our current Turkish Localization specialist.