At Tide, we are building a finance platform designed to save small businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related banking services, as well as a comprehensive set of connected administrative solutions from invoicing to accounting.
Founded in 2015, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 550,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 150,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has nearly 1,500 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to empower small businesses and help them save time and money.
What we’re looking for:
As an FP&A Manager you’ll be a key part of the Finance team, playing a vital role within the FP&A team to build forecasts, budgets, and continually monitor actual financial results against those forecasts/budgets ensuring accuracy and alignment with company goals and objectives . You will take a highly active role in partnering with various departments across the business: collating and framing company data, building financial models to assess financial viability of business cases, continually tracking and monitoring financial performance, and meeting with various stakeholders to gather and communicate key financial information. You will be highly involved in the management accounting and reporting process, as well as helping to produce and review ad-hoc reports.
Tide is growing at a phenomenal rate, and as such the finance team is expanding and continually seeking to improve the finance function. The FP&A Manager will work closely with the FP&A Lead and VP Finance to drive improvement for a recently implemented financial planning software, support implementation of a new ERP system to go live in 2024, as well as drive process improvements within the FP&A function.
As an FP&A Manager you’ll be:
- Taking responsibility for coordinating and building the quarterly financial re-forecasting and annual budgeting cycles
- Owning, managing and improving the key models used to forecast Tide’s financial performance.
- Highly data driven - Using large and complex datasets to identify risks and opportunities, as well as analysing industry trends to provide actionable insight and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Coaching and mentoring FP&A Analysts and Senior FP&A Analysts.
- Reviewing reports, financial models, analysis, and other work completed by FP&A and the wider Finance team
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance and financial integrity.
- Developing and implementing continuous process improvements
- Business partnering - working closely with department budget and business unit P&L owners to monitor and improve financial performance through KPIs and budget vs actual reports
- Working with the FP&A and Transformation teams to successfully drive roadmap items for the recently implemented financial planning system - AnaPlan
- Owning the business case process for projects and initiatives throughout the organisation - building data driven financial models to determine financial viability (ROI, Payback period, NPV) and continuous monitoring of key metrics relating to those projects
What makes you a great fit:
- You are a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA equivalent)
- You have solid systems ability, in particular advanced Excel and Google Sheets as well as advanced knowledge of FP&A systems (Anaplan desired)
- You have a proven track record developing process improvements that drove immediate impacts within FP&A and for the business
- You have a proven track record of providing insights from data to drive financial performance improvement for department budget and business unit P&L owners
- You are confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business and owning your work with minimal hands-on management
- You are proactive & solution focused with strong critical thinking skills and an exceptionally high level of attention to detail
- You have outstanding organisational and prioritisation skills including the ability to work to tight deadlines
- You have a minimum of seven years’ relevant / transferable experience
- You are personable and able to build trusting working relationships
- You have experience with key accounting software implementation, such as an ERP system or ‘Best in class’ core finance platforms with integration to HR and financial planning systems
- You have experience working at a fintech in Credit and/or Payments sectors
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday with the option to take 5 extra days of unpaid leave per year
- 3 days paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Personal L&D budget of £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Group Life Insurance, Vitality Health and Dental Insurance
- Spacious brand-new office by Old Street station with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Access to a global mental wellbeing platform that provides 1:1 video therapy sessions with accredited therapists and unlimited chat therapy sessions
- Work from home budget
- Team socials - virtual and physical events
- Sabbatical leave
Tidean Ways of Working
Make work, work for you! Tide embraces and supports flexible working arrangements. We are a remote-first business that enables its employees to work remotely from anywhere in their home country. Additionally, Our Working Outside the Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world, up to 90 days per year per country.
We are remote-first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our members’ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
#LI-VS1 #LI-remote #LI-Hybrid