Sign-On/retention Bonus Included for new hires joining the bankOverview:
This position is responsible for monitoring and overseeing the foreclosure process for loans assigned to team members to ensure foreclosures remain on track with investor guidelines. Specifically reviewing losses, conducting research and issuing findings. This position also provides subject matter expertise to the team and handles escalated issues, as well as being responsible for managing a portfolio of loans involved in complex litigation and protecting M&T's interest in the subject mortgaged property. In addition, this position performs the highest risk administrative functions related to the foreclosure process.Location:
This position can be worked in the Getzville, NY office once offices re-open for those local to Buffalo, NY. Or, remotely for those non-local.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Monitor progress of foreclosures through queues and reporting, ensuring team is effectively working their portfolios and compliance with state/federal and investor guidelines. Work with foreclosure attorney, outside counsel and/or in house counsel to resolve disputes involving property in which the bank or its investors have an interest.
- Serve as primary escalation contact for both associates on the team, attorneys and other departments.
- Work with Foreclosure team to ensure FHA 1st legal deadlines are met once the loan is referred to foreclosure, including filing and tracking of any necessary extension requests.
- Research, validate and update loans appearing on various foreclosure exception reports, including but not limited to No Dual Track, clean up and investor timeline reports.
- Provide approval of additional attorney fees beyond associate level approval limit. Maintain tracking and reporting of legal expense on litigation files outside of the foreclosure action.
- Perform QC review and approval of investor bidding instructions, ensuring adherence to investor/MI guidelines.
- Conduct regular 'side by sides' with team to discuss loan level issues and procedures. Conduct a review of all assigned loans at a minimum of every 30 days, including the updating of documentation and follow up.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, regulatory and investor guidelines regarding foreclosure.
- Work with management to revise, update and implement procedure changes as well as create new procedures. Gather departmental information and assemble presentations for regular investor, regulatory and internal meetings.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position interacts with CAM management and external third-party foreclosure attorneys to ensure successful and timely completion of foreclosure, consistent with investor guidelines and regulatory requirements.Education and Experience Required:
A combined 4 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years' Default Servicing related field experience (e.g., Collections, REO, Loss Mitigation).
Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.Education Experience Preferred:
Knowledge of the foreclosure process from start to finish
3 years' Default Servicing related field experience (e.g., Collections, REO, Loss Mitigation).
Proven leadership ability.
Knowledge of bank and departmental systems.
Understanding of mortgage product including home equity loans and lines of credit, general operation and systemic functions including payment allocation and escrow.
Experience training new staff and implementing procedures and process changes.
Getzville, New York, United States of America