Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Provide Compliance coverage to desks in the Credit unit and Global Trading Solutions unit in the Investment Banking Division. Primary coverage area includes sales and trading coverage for Securitized Products, US Treasuries and Primary Dealer activities.
- Manage, monitor and guide the desk on regulatory issues, real-time structuring or trading and sales questions, and technology improvements and initiatives.
- Participate in New Business initiatives and where applicable, improve or develop compliance programs for the new businesses.
- Track and analyze regulatory changes for applicability to the desk and compliance implications.
- Review, draft and maintain applicable business specific policies.
- Prepare and provide training sessions for desk personnel on current and new regulatory rules.
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Partner with the desk in connection with business strategic changes.
- Conduct monitoring scenario reviews of the business.
- Other general compliance responsibilities.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Equivalent experience of at least 3+ years with compliance officer experience at a broker-dealer, Governmental agency or self-regulatory organization.
- Equivalent experience drafting policies, implementing procedures, training, monitoring and assessing risks.
- Outstanding fixed Income product knowledge specifically with experience in Primary Dealer activities, fintech, consumer, asset backed and residential mortgage backed asset classes.
- College Degree is essential!
- Ability to multitask and prioritize matters effectively
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.