Originally established in 1993, Dawson Cole Fine Art specializes in Contemporary and Modern sculpture, drawings, prints, and unique works on paper. We have an opportunity available for a full-time Fine Art Sales Consultant to join our successful team. This position will work from our Carmel, CA location. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong sales background of achieving targets in a luxury goods environment, to come work in our beautiful, museum-quality gallery.
A qualified Fine Art Sales candidate will be able to perform the following:
- Provide an elite and personable service to clients as an expert fine art sales consultant, closing sales, developing client relationships and sharing your passion for the arts.
- To meet or exceed sales goals by professionally representing the gallery in a well-groomed, aesthetic and knowledgeable manner that cultivates continued sales.
- Use your flair and engaging personality to develop loyalty with customers through a one on one consultative approach to sales, building up long-term relationships, and helping clients build personal portfolios.
- Work towards realistic but challenging individual and gallery sales goals, and sales targets
- Utilize phones, text messages, email, and mail daily to engage with our clients
- Build strong relationships and a loyal client base, through strong and effective prospecting and sales follow-up.
- Provide a personal and unique, luxury experience to our clients.
- Identify and develop new business leads and sales opportunities with local & regional businesses, organizations, etc.
- Keep abreast of Artist facts and knowledge so that you can confidently and fluently talk to clients about our collections.
- Assist with events such as Exhibitions, One-Man shows, and off-site events.
- Handle, transport, hang, present, and store all works properly to assure their safe presentation and condition.
Detailed prior knowledge of art is not required as full training is provided, but previous fine art sales or luxury sales experience is essential. This is a FULL-TIME, in-person position and requires weekends and some holidays.
- Bonuses and Incentives
- Birthday off as a Holiday!
- Relocation package
Unlimited earning potential. Salary plus commissions and bonuses.
Skills and experience required for Fine Art Sales Consultant:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in either a fine art sales or luxury sales setting, with proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Financially motivated by commissionable sales
- Ability to confidently use the phone and email to generate sales leads and business leads and sales opportunities
- Detail-oriented, organized, and articulate in writing and phone communications skills
- Computer Literacy a must. Salesforce experience is ideal, but not required.
- A drivers license/vehicle is preferable as it may be necessary for home consultation visits or studio tours with clients.
If you have fine art sales or luxury sales experience and are self-motivated and driven, apply now to join our team as a Fine Art Sales Consultant. We'd love to hear from you!