SMV Recruiting, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Financial/Pricing Analyst to join one of their top clients in Solvay , NY. As a Financial/Pricing Analyst, you will support the pricing objectives by providing information to the sales force, marketing group, pricing and finance regarding pricing trends and analysis. This analysis includes pricing at the customer, item and geographic levels. It also includes analysis by channel. This position will be responsible for system update s as well as developing reporting and analytical tools. Job Requirements:
- Analyze price patterns by territory, customer, product family to provide decision making information to the Regional Managers, Pricing Manager and Product Line Managers proactively and as required. Detailed analysis to improve pocket margin and profitability (monthly/quarterly billing, pricing trends, price variance reporting)
- Negotiate and set fair-market prices with vendors and customers, regionally and nationally
- Develop a Price Attainment reporting process to communicate to the Regional Managers the price trends in their area including analysis of which territories are contributing significantly to the change in price in the period
- Run and distribute monthly price metric report, job quote win rates, split of business and customer profitability
- Maintain the pricing system on the AS/400 inputting promotions, cleaning the database and system maintenance required on adding new products to the system
- Projects related to changes at large accounts and new accounts
- Assisting and coordinating in the implementation of any published price increases
- Work closely with the Pricing Specialist to provide them feedback for sales representation on stock deals, SPA's, blankets, and quotes in their regions or nationally as necessary
- Assist in any new price system design, implementation, training and documentation for all affected departments including execution of move to new ERP
- Performs other similar and related duties as required
- BS in accounting, marketing, business, statistics or economics
- MBA Preferred
- 5+Pricing background and experience preferred
- 10 years' experience in finance, marketing or economics
- Experience with AS/400
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis.
- Must be proficient in negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must have excellent problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level. and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions
- Strong statistical analysis skills are required
- Exceptional computer skills are required, including extensive knowledge of Word, Excel (especially pivot tables), presentation and data base software (Access & Google Analytics)