The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Financial Controls Sr Consultant I executes the assessment of risks and controls for Agency Compensation processes, both existing and in development. This role assists in the achievement of business objectives with guidance from the Financial Controls Manager and other leaders, while managing multiple deadlines, accountabilities, and competing priorities. The Financial Controls Sr Consultant I also coordinates with IT and Business partners to ensure risks are adequately mitigated via effective (and cost efficient) controls. Key Responsibilities
- Serve as an advisor, assisting Business Unit leaders and stakeholders in a consultative manner and identifying needs regarding internal controls, processes and procedures
- With minimal direction, partner with Management in support of key initiatives and projects providing forward thinking insights to help leaders understand risks and impacts, and anticipate/ understand challenges and opportunities for their business
- Execute assigned agency/field compensation and/or governance programs in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure key agency compensation processes and associated controls documentation is up-to-date and accurate
- Conduct data analysis on Compensation programs and/or Producer counts, and assist on data analysis with ad hoc projects independently
- Communicate and consult with the SOX organization on various SOX related items and processes, as needed
- Coordinate SOX governance for the 360 Finance department
- With minimal direction, collaborate on the design, building, and execution of processes and reporting platforms to support newer or updated compensation and recognition programs
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years of related experience
• Working knowledge of general corporate finance, accounting principles and general audit procedures
• Solid understanding of risks and controls coupled with proven risk and control evaluation skills including control design work and process flow documentation
• Experience as a business consultant in a finance related field - builds relationships with clients while offering advice and recommendations on risks and controls
• Strong project and time management skills - manages through ambiguity, prioritizes multiple projects to meet business partner needs
• Effective communication across multiple levels and mediums
• Strong skillset in standard workplace tools including Excel and other MS-Office applications. Working knowledge of SQL a plus.
• CPA, CIA, or insurance related certification or study is a plus
• Broad knowledge of the APL business and general systems is a plusCompensation Data
Compensation range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate's benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.