Are you looking for a Great place to work?! Our team at Maryland Oncology Hematology is looking for "star" talent. If you believe you have what it takes to create a rewarding experience for our Physicians, patients, and team members, we would Love to speak with you!!! Maryland Oncology Hematology is dedicated to providing the most advanced cancer care available anywhere in an atmosphere of caring compassion.
- Responsible for accurate and timely creation and maintenance of Medicare Coverage Analysis to build budgets and/or budget updates for all protocol and protocol amendments. Ability to ensure fiscal responsibility and understand payment terms.
- Maintains and updates Study Start-up and Fee for Services Schedules. Also must update Budget template to include Medicare and pre-negotiated rates.
- Negotiates Letters of Agreements (LOAs) and selected research study agreements (include amendments) as needed.
- Answers contractual and budget questions from Central Research Department, Central Billing Department, and field staff based on executed Clinical Trial Agreements (CTA);
- Creates, circulates for review and signature, and maintains and updates all Research Billing Guides (RBG) for protocol and protocol amendments;
- Creates and maintains updates on all CRFs or other appropriate documentation needed to receive reimbursement
- Uploads all department study documents (CDA, CTA, RBG, RCG, etc) required to the appropriate database (Indie or new one)
- Will provide assistance in reviewing, editing, and preparing CDAs, CTAs, and other appropriate documents, as needed
- Will work closely to interface with A/R Analyst to ensure that all appropriate billing and reconciliation has taken place on independent trials.
- Will interface with US Oncology Research to ensure that trials are appropriately budgeted for.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor*s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of oncology experience.
- Business Experience: High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Preferable to have experience with medical billing and electronic records.
- Must have the ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Proven ability to ensure fiscal responsibility and payment terms.
- Must have relevant experience preparing budgets and proficient in Excel.
The work is performed in an office environment 95% of the time. Work may require travel by air or automobile, up to 20% of the time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment and requires frequent interaction with business office staff, senior management, and physicians. Employee must maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Requires vision and hearing corrected to normal ranges. There may be some travel by air or automobile as mentioned above.