New Opportunity - Finance Manager - Tech Start-Up
We are pleased to be working with an innovative tech business that is scaling at the moment. The company offers a fast-paced environment full of driven and passionate people. They are looking to expand internationally and have recently fundraised, enabling the organisation to invest in further development and product improvement. This is an opportunity to have real impact on building out the finance function and to join the business at an early and exciting stage. They are keen to add someone to the business who is fun, hardworking and wants to progress their career quickly.
The company are keen to hire someone soon (ideally within the next month or so) and role will be fully remote for the next few months (candidates outside of London will be considered). They are likely to have a central London office space towards the back end of 2021, however flexible working will remain and going into the office will not be a requirement.
The Finance Manager is key to the growth of the business and is fully responsible for all areas of Finance. Reporting into the CFO.
- Responsible for building out the finance function within the business and implementing new processes.
- Management of an assistant
- Take over the financial reporting and investor relations
- Some month-end support (journals, prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations), VAT returns and cash flow management- looking to continuously improve this process
- Support the Head of Finance with improvement and production of FP&A, financial analysis and financial modelling
- Provide financial analysis and decision support to Sales and Marketing teamsAssist senior stakeholders with strategic and decision support
- Extensive finance project work alongside the CFO
- Partner with operations to reduce overheads and costs
- Understand and research risks associated with international growth (including an understanding of tax implications) to enable company developments and expansion
- Managing funds in multiple currencies
- Using Excel, model various scenarios to present to the senior management team
- Experience working in a similar role for 1+ years
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to engage with Senior stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ambitious
- Experience working in a tech/ software business
- Experience working in a start-up
- Strong experience working with international currencies
- Experience implementing new financial processes
- £50,000- £60,000 + share options (dependant on experience there could be some upper flex on the salary)
- Start Date ASAP
Please get in touch at or give me a call on .
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.