Responsibilities: As an experiencedSoftware Engineer on our DistributionPartner Experience technology team, youll focus on our enterprise-wide advisor web applications.In this role,youll solve for desired enhancementsand business opportunities while evolving our advisor experience.
As part of a hands-on engineering culture, together with your fellow engineers and product team, youll partner with our advisor community to best understand their needs. As technology advances, youll be provided with the capacity to grow ever-evolving skills necessary for highly productive customer-driven software engineering practices. As an exceptional, passionate, product centric software engineer, we desire you as a self-motivated learner and mentor.
Distribution Technology is currently working towards becoming a more mature environment where people are not content with the status quo. Our engineers have adopted our new environment and understand why its important to continually invest time/energy into changing the way we work. In addition, sharing the principles behind our engineering culture is a key component of success. We value strong, professional opinions grounded on modern product engineering practices, lean product mindset and user centric design. Things youll do:
- Support new and existing applications through development
- Learningand growingalongsideyour team. Pairing and mobbing is encouraged
- Executingagainstourcloud accelerate strategy we utilize AWS
- Ensuringconsistent use and high-quality deployment of modern software techniques
- Innovate and experiment with different ideas and solutions
- Eliminatingsystem impediments while promoting the necessity of modern software practices and technology
- Owning continuous improvement in yourself, your team, and the solutions you build
- Engagingin a trusting andinnovativeproduct engineering team
- Independently conducts analysis and development, requirements, coding, automated testing, debugging, designing, documentation, quality assurance review, implementation and maintenance
Additional preferred experience
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of applicable software engineering in modern technology
- Strongproblem solving, analytical, anddecision-makingskills
- Highly successful performance in the competencies of technical abilities, solution design, execution, strategy, communication, and leadership
- Informal leadership/mentorship experience
- Have a continual learning attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding and familiarity with modern software development practices
Salary Range Information: Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Minimum Salary: USD $73,100.00/Yr. Maximum Salary: USD $172,800.00/Yr. Additional Information: Job level
Well consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values , benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.