Join our Haskellers crew! Our team of experienced functional programming engineers is looking for a new team member. Stack Builders is one of the largest software consultancies specializing in these languages, with a particular passion for the Haskell ecosystem.
Innovation is the heart of Stack Builders. Our cross-cultural development team pushes the boundaries of the industry by building applications that exceed our clients’ expectations following best practices, communication, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
For this position, we are looking for a full-time remote contractor with a very solid Haskell background and the ability to jump into some frontend pieces. We need a team member who thrives as being part of a fast-paced team and takes pride in their capability to succeed while delivering value to our clients.
As we all work to adapt during the current global health crisis, we are reminded that focusing on the values of empathy and community enables us all to be the best versions of ourselves.
- Outstanding Haskell programming skills; 3+ years of professional experience.
- Ability to architect and build a Haskell backend with well-documented, clean, easily-tested code.
- Experience with Persistent and Esqueleto libraries.
- Ability to achieve scalability and robustness within the platform.
- Ability to contribute to property-based testing techniques (QuickCheck and related libraries).
- Excellent collaboration and problem-solving skills with strong verbal and written communication.
- Advanced spoken and written English skills.
- Availability to overlap during EDT working hours.
Some of the perks of working with us are:
- Strong learning culture
- Regular pairing sessions
- Challenging projects
- Opportunities for company-sponsored conference participation and technical talks
- Exceptionally talented and passionate coworkers
Stack Builders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or pregnancy.