The Executive Director (ED), Payroll is responsible for overall management for one of the most unique and geographically dispersed global payroll operations in the world. This role will oversee the end-to-end payroll processes as well as the associated timekeeping, audit and compliance functions required for processing pay accurately and on time. Guiding objectives related to payroll operations are to achieve accuracy, agility, scalability, automation, and statutory compliance in all geographies in which TTEC has a presence.
The Executive Director of Payroll will be responsible for devising a strategy to ensure the timekeeping and payroll platforms, vendors and processes meet the needs of the organization. This requires for the ED to gain intimate knowledge of the business operations across Engage and Digital. The leader will be responsible for managing multiple vendors in the space. This will include ensuring the proper SLAs are included in contracts and managing the vendor against those SLAs with an emphasis on continuous improvement over time.
The ED will lead and inspire a geographically dispersed team of 100 people who process payroll for 50,000 employees across 20 countries. Beyond transforming the associated payroll related functions, this role will be responsible for executing a robust talent management strategy for the team powering these processes. Change management capabilities and inspirational leadership will be required for this leader to achieve overall success in the role.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Manages and guarantees on time and accurate disbursement of multi-country payroll
- Ensures country specific laws affecting wage payments are maintained
- Provides engaging leadership to a large global payroll operations team. Evaluates the skills necessary to achieve work objectives and executes upon a comprehensive talent management strategy
- Manages global payroll banking with regional upload and centralized global transaction release capability
- Manages timekeeping globally to comply with TTEC's pay and compensation policies
- Ensures accurate payment and reporting of all payroll taxes are in compliance with the applicable tax laws, federal/state regulations, and policies
- Manages the planning, implementation and administration of programs to develop, adjust, and/or enhance payroll systems and procedures as required
- Facilitates the production and distribution of all payroll tax statements, reconciliations and notifications as required by law
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the payroll organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analysis
- Builds and manages low cost shared service centers in APAC, LATAM and EMEA to process payroll, banking, timekeeping, audit and compensation transactions globally
- Builds and operates a global payroll audit team to ensure all payments are processed accurately with the appropriate approvals secured
- Manages and updates global policies related to pay and timekeeping globally
- Govern and maintain internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Manages expatriate payroll processing
- Manages and measures vendors against agreed upon KPIs
- Updates, maintains, and routinely tests business continuity/disaster recovery plans
- Performs payroll diligence for potential acquisitions and new geographic expansions
- Integrates new acquisitions and establishes payroll operations in new countries of business
- Reviews and analyzes current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to proactively identify, recommend and implement changes that lead to improvement opportunities
- Provides thought leadership related to people management, process improvement, and payroll related technology
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with 10 years of leadership experience in the human resources field, to include demonstrated success in payroll department management
- Minimum 12 years of professional, relevant experience including six years of management experience in IT or HC
- Verifiable knowledge and understanding of international, federal, and state employment tax laws
- Proven vendor management skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced and demanding global environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in HRIS payroll systems
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to partner cross functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work through complex issues and provide solutions
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Significant applications experience such as Oracle, Kronos, Taleo, ServiceNow, MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Zoom or ability to learn technology quickly
Compensation and Benefits
The anticipated starting salary range for individuals expressing interest in this position is $160,000-$182,000 USD. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees include the following
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Tax-advantaged health care accounts
- Financial and income protection benefits
- Paid time off (PTO) and wellness time off
Notice to external Recruiters and Recruitment Agencies: TTEC does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this web site or directly to any employee. TTEC , and any of our subsidiaries, will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with TTEC.
TTEC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. TTEC embraces and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that respects and empowers the culture and perspectives within our global teams. We strive to reflect the communities we serve by not only delivering amazing service and technology, but also humanity. We make it a point to make sure all our employees feel valued and comfortable being their authentic selves at work. As a global company, we know diversity is our strength. It enables us to view projects and ideas from different vantage points and allows every individual to bring value to the table in their own unique way.