The Executive Director of Customer Growth will define, mobilize, and guide execution of initiatives specific to one or more growth customer segments as identified in MGM's customer growth strategy. Their focus will be on delivering increased business value from their growth customer segments - building the strategy and defining initiatives to remove pain points in the customer journey and improve experience for these important customer segments. Executive Directors of Customer Growth are homed within the Commercial organization working with stakeholders across the Commercial organization, technology groups, properties, and lines of business. MGM's Executive Directors of Customer Growth are newly formed roles, established to own the definition of, and be accountable for the execution of value driving initiatives across key customer segments.
MGM is embarking on a multiyear journey to redefine the experience for the customer as part of the company's Customer Strategy, and several customer segments have been prioritized as part of the program. Executive Directors of Customer Growth are tasked with driving value from their owned customer segments. They are tasked with defining and supporting the building, testing, and scaling of high-priority use cases that drive incremental visits, reduce churn, and increase share of wallet. These use cases require evolving the ways in which MGM engages with its customer segments - across Las Vegas properties, Regional properties, and Online. As champion for a customer segment, the Executive Director of Customer Growth will work across the MGM organization to define and execute use cases.
This leader will report to MGM's SVP Commercial Strategy and Consumer Engagement, a direct report of MGM's Chief Commercial Officer. The leader will be required to engage frequently with MGM's executive team, Customer Program leadership, and executive sponsors of the customer segment.
* Assume accountability for the performance of one or more MGM growth customer segments, including tracking and managing progress towards major milestones. Assume direct oversight and accountability for key metrics, customer and financial outcomes; responsible to meet or exceed targets set forth as part of the company's strategy.
* Work across the enterprise with leaders in Commercial, Technology groups (Digital Product, Engineering, Information Technology, IT Security), Properties and COEs/Lines of Business to identify and engage the necessary experts to define the strategy for the growth customer segment(s)
* Work with Personalization, Performance Marketing, Product and Experience Marketing, Resort Experience, and Loyalty teams (capability teams within the Customer Program) to identify initiatives and detail activities and plans needed to realize customer objectives
* Work with Personalization, Performance Marketing, Product and Experience Marketing, Resort Experience, and Loyalty teams (capability teams within the Customer Program) to scale approaches developed
* Serve as a champion for the growth customer segment(s) across the enterprise, and work with the SVP Commercial Strategy and Consumer Engagement and other Commercial leaders to provide regular updates to MGM's executive, Customer Program leadership, and executive sponsors of the customer segment.
* Work with the Commercial, Technology groups (Product, Engineering, Information Technology), Properties and Lines of Business to problem-solve roadblocks to progress
* Support initiative prioritization across stakeholder groups, including influence direction given the priorities of the growth customer segment(s)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
* Director of Customer Growth
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 8+ years leading cross-functional teams
* Full-time, 100% dedicated to role as Executive Directors of Customer Growth
* Master's degree
* Experience working via an agile, sprint-based approach
* Comfortable balancing quality of output with short timelines required to enable downstream functions
* Familiarity with casino and entertainment customer journey including an understanding of current experience and drivers of value
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Must have or be able to obtain a Gaming Registration card and/or license in relevant jurisdictions
* Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
* Understanding of the casino and entertainment business, as well as the friction points for customers, employees and stakeholders, particularly in the US (Vegas and Regional) gaming context
* Creative and open mind, with a strong vision for future state casino and entertainment customer experience; ability to inspire first-of-its-kind, innovative thinking in colleagues
* Experience working with and influencing direction of large (20+ person), cross-functional teams to complete major projects with aggressive timelines
* Proven experience presenting to, collaborating with, and influencing senior executives
* Ability to work across the organization to strategically leverage enterprise resources and subject experts to solve complex problems and generate optimal solutions
* Proven ability to successfully balance near-term results (e.g. ability to design and execute on a 'MVP' model) with long-term goals
* History of delivering large-scale projects on-time and on-target to key performance metrics
* Analytically-driven approach to solving business problems; ability to leverage data to generate actionable business insights