The Emmes Company, LLC (Emmes) is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience, we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our Character Achieves Results culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee from entry level through top executive to contribute to our clients’ success by sharing ideas openly and honestly.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to Executive Committee members. Reporting directly to the Director of the Office of the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to other senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a global environment. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to exercise independent judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Manages sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global operations of the company.
- Sustains a daily calendar of meetings and events. Organizes complex calendars and schedules, prioritizing and resolving any conflicts.
- Prepares Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for Executives. Prepares expense reports.
- Screens incoming contact requests; takes and delivers accurate messages; responds to requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine calls to the appropriate staff.
- Drafts and prepares correspondence for internal announcements, Executive meetings, and organizations that the Executive is involved
- Manages the Executive’s contacts.
- Manages Executive’s email correspondence and follow up.
- Maintains corporate presentations/decks and files related to Executive activities.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours as needed.
- Serves as a liaison to the Executive’s direct reports or staff seeking time with the Executive.
- Welcomes the Executive’s guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Conserves the Executive’s time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Completes ad hoc projects as assigned – such as industry or charitable events.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of related experience required in working in an Executive Assistant role supporting C-Level executives in a global environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle sensitive information.
- Represent the company and the Executive in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours as dictated by the needs of the Executive for projects and meetings.
- Basic understanding of global business organizations, terminology and processes.
- Ability to decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
- Perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Ability to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner.
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants to continually assess and improve administrative service to Executives.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations of Senior Executives by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties.
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
Emmes only requires all US new hires in the following job categories to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment: (i) Clinical Research Associates (CRAs), (ii) Associate CRAs, and (iii) all CRA line managers. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment