At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones we are developing a next-generation data architecture to support our growing business. As part of the Operational Data and Integration Portfolio, you will be tasked with provisioning new datasets for MDM and ODS use cases, changes to existing loads and overall data flow scheduling batch, micro batch and real-time. What you'll do
- Participate in agile team working with product owner, data stewards and team members to understand and codify data requirements
- Recommend an ETL design based on the requirements of the specific use case and provide accurate estimates of effort
- Assist to build out data model with other team members and DBA's. Help to test and fix performance issues.
- Partner with RDBMS DBAs to understand the source data structures and design of the target structures
- Use the appropriate tools and frameworks available to develop the data acquisition and ingestion process in accordance with the approved design
- Leverage workflow tools to maintain accurate status of assigned tasks (JIRA, etc.)
- Ensure the necessary data validation steps are included to ensure completeness and accuracy of data
- Perform initial validation of the process and inspection of the data
- Utilize the deployment frameworks available to move artifacts from development to test to production environments
- Ensure jobs are scheduled to run on a frequency consistent with stakeholder requirements
- Ensure role-based access is established on target tables
- Support ETL jobs once deployed in production to ensure SLAs are met for data consumers
- 3+ years of experience in an ETL Developer role, Informatica Integration Cloud Services is preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of data acquisition frameworks and ETL development
- Advanced SQL coding experience and performance tuning
- Linux/Unix platform experience
- 3+ years of experience using the following platforms/technologies:
- ETL/ELT Tools or Suites o Relational SQL databases
- Hadoop and NoSQL platforms
- Knowledge of Informatica MDM is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another applicable field is preferred
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $75962 - $129341