Come build the Pirate Bay for banking
The Ethereum + web3 role
2021 is a big year for our client's blockchain development. First, they are returning to smart contract engineering to implement the full version of the protocol, which includes several features that the current beta version does not. For example, you'd be working with oracles, on-chain auctions, and governance. You'd be working alongside engineers with experience deploying smart contracts, and ideally you'll have experience with it yourself. But since this space is so new, some of the best candidates will have never touched a smart contract, so if you are hungry to get into smart contract engineering and have the right kind of related experience we are open to teaching you.
We also need to follow the quickly developing Ethereum layer two side-chain space and make a key choice about which one to support in our consumer app. Users need to be able to hold their own private keys and make quick, cheap transactions, without unacceptable reduction in security and decentralization. You might be involved in this research and decision making, as well as implementation of a bridge.
In addition, we will need to build a more elaborate and polished web portal for interacting with the full version of our protocol, to replace the current beta portal.We're very excited about you if:
- You take pride in figuring things out and making things work, and once you accept a challenge you enjoy getting into all of the little details and becoming a micro-expert in order to nail it.
- You can show us cool things you have built yourself in your own time, and/or a long list of projects you've had significant ownership over professionally that are related to the work we are doing (mobile, web, smart contracts).
- You are kind, conscientious, thoughtful, cooperative, and communicative.
- You have found ways of spending time, effort, or money on improving the world in a meaningful way (i.e. not just virtue signalling, though we don't mind if you do that too).
- When we talk to you about something we are building, worrying about, or planning, you quickly understand what we are describing and have productive things to say.
- You have honed your ability to self-manage, so that when you take on relatively abstract projects you turn them into concrete, sensible plans and bring them to completion -- or if they end up not making sense you realize that quickly and help the team adjust course.
- You reliably accomplish impressive amounts of important progress on what really matters, whether it's figuring things out, implementing, educating, evaluating new team members, or anything else that comes up.
- You prefer the startup life of challenges, uncertainty, invention, chaos, impact, responsibility, and autonomy, over the big-company life of predictability, bureaucracy, clarity, brand recognition, nice offices, and policy.
- You have enough relevant experience that you can quickly come to solid plans for how to implement whatever you are working on, and your code naturally matches or raises the bar of maintainability we achieve.
- You understand and appreciate the importance of helping people cope with hyperinflation, either because you have experienced it yourself at some point in your life, or because you are a curious and empathetic intellectual who dives into understanding such things, and are easily sucked into trying to solve humanitarian problems you encounter.
- Location: anywhere, but expect to be online for a decent part of the US workday
- Seniority: both senior and junior engineers are considered, but standards are high
- Comp: we can match any offer you have, and can do full cash or significant equity
- Stability: we have a large cash treasury, so can offer high job security
- Purpose: help people beat hyperinflation, and aim to eradicate it entirely
- Language: English native / bilingual proficiency
This is a full-time, remote position.
Pay: $100,000.00 - $300,000.00 per year
Powered by JazzHR