Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $2.14B in 2020. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West Without Borders team member-led giving program.
Reporting to the Regional Director of HSE in the Americas, this role will establish and manage the corporate ergonomics program. This role will support global operations through the development of tools and processes that allow sites to implement and execute ergonomic improvement programs. This role will work with the global engineering team at the design, review, build, and modification stages of new and existing equipment and work cells.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design and manage the Ergonomics program at West
* Develop/implement ergonomic evaluation tools to be used on new/modified/redesigned manufacturing equipment
* Lead the development of ergonomic training for West
* Lead the process for evaluating new and existing equipment for ergonomic design improvements
* Serve as West's subject matter expert for Ergonomic topics
* Trend and analyze data based on West software to identify opportunities related to engineering focusing on ergonomic projects.
* Identity engineering solutions for activities and equipment that present an ergonomic risk.
* Liaise with Global Engineering to assess new projects from an ergonomic perspective
* With global engineering, provide input and support for Projects Expenditure Requests (PERs) through implementation
* Support the HSE site leaders and site engineering on other HSE related projects such as new equipment, facilities, processes to conform with minimum requirements prior to being procured and/or modified
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering: mechanical, ergonomic, biomechanical, or industrial engineering with experience in ergonomics.
* 8-10 years of engineering experience including no less than 5 on ergonomic-related projects.
* 5+ years of Capital Expenditure or Project Expenditure experience.
* Willing and able to travel approximately 70% of the time
* Pharmaceutical industry or manufacturing experience preferred.
* Strong organizational & planning skills.
* Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
* Proficient with technology such as excel, PowerPoint, Word and other standard computer applications.
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written), able to interact with all levels in the organization
* Human Tech technology/software - quantify ergonomic exposure - proposals - ergofactor - analyze the data from the software
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation in order to apply to West, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.