This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate's ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and localities. The following locations are NOT currently approved for this position: AK, CO, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, KS, MA, ME, MS, ND, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OR, RI, SD, UT, VT, WY, US Territories or international work locations.
AEP will consider qualified candidates who are willing to relocate to an approved work location, at the candidate's expense, provided the relocation can be completed within a timeframe that meets AEP's staffing needs. NOTE:
All remote work locations require vetting and final approval prior to offer and/or start date. Any work locations listed as preferred or unapproved relate specifically to the requirements for this position and are not necessarily applicable to other posted positions.
KEY WORDS: Data Governance, Data Steward, Data Stewardship, Curation, and Data Quality
The Enterprise Lead Data Steward will work closely with IT and business stakeholders as part of an Enterprise Data Governance organization to develop and promote adoption of data stewardship practices across AEP, championing efforts to improve users' ability to find, access, understand, and trust the data they need. This is both a leadership and a hands-on role, working with business unit data stewards, providing training, guidance, oversight andexpertise in data quality.
Key functions of this role include identifying critical data elements, registering data assets , data profiling, managing metadata, capturing data lineage, managing the evolution of a business glossary and reporting on the progress of stewardhip at an enterprise level.
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Develops strong partnerships with Business Data Owners, Business Data Stewards, and Technical Data Stewards and acts as point of contact for governance related issues
- Establishes and publishes enterprise-wide data management metrics
- Establishes and leads enterprise data stewardship working groups and supports domain-focused data stewardship working groups
- Assists in the development of data stewardship roadmaps, governance roadmaps, and data management platform roadmaps, including building related business cases, both at the enterprise and data domain level.
- Supports the establishment of data management standards, best practices, and standard operating procedures for the enterprise, leveraging internal and external benchmarks and presenting and gaining approval from the Enterprise Data Governance Council (EDGC)
- Develops and delivers formal and informal training for data stewards
- Supports technical consulting on data standards regarding the implementation of business solutions/efficiencies efforts
- Provides thoughtful leadership and work across all areas of the organization to build data stewardship processes, including end users, engineers, operations and support, and information security
- Supports departmental projects and company-wide initiatives/projects
- Collaborates with stakeholders to lead and influence the delivery of data stewardship services with high quality, efficiency, and agility
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business or related field of study;
- Or Associate's degree in computer science or related field of study with 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Or High school diploma/GED with 4 years of relevant work experience
In addition to any experience required above, 7 years of relevant work experience is required Skills:
Strong communication skills Physical demand level is Sedentary
_____________________________________________________ PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of involvement with leading data stewardship and/or data governance practices at enterprise level
- Demonstrated experience utilizing and/or supporting data management, data quality, data catalog, data lineage, and/or data governance tools
- Strong experience acting as a liaison and facilitator between technical and non-technical resources
- Experience with IBM data management products, especially Cloud Pack for Data (CP4D) for data stewardship and/or governance or significant experience with other data quality, data management or data governance tools
- Experience with data (quality) analysis using either graphical or code oriented tools (tableau is an example of a graphical tool, python/pandas is an example of a code oriented tool) as well as with SQL (any dbms)
- Exposure to data modeling and familiarity with common data warehouse practices
- Experience in utilities or other highly regulated environments, especially with privacy and management of PII