Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world's first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Are you an Experienced Customer Success Manager in the Technology Sector? Are you seeking a career-expanding opportunity to apply your relentless customer focus, extreme ownership mindset and singular focus on customer outcomes? Are you fearless in commanding cooperation at all levels internally and externally to drive continuous customer value?
If so, then then this opportunity is the one you have been waiting for. Here at Splunk, we are changing the way that data and information is used to drive business decisions as we bring data to everything.
A Splunk Enterprise CSM (E-CSM) is a Senior Customer Advocate, accountable for:
- Driving our most strategic, complex leading edge customer engagements to high-value outcomes for the customer.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of our customers' value-drivers, short, medium and long-term priorities, decision-making ecosystem, influence and control points that steer the relationship towards successful initial outcomes and growth.
- Aligning our Splunk-internal ecosystem in pursuit of the objective outcomes; both by proactively anticipating customer needs as well as reactively rallying the required resources whenever any risk to a successful customer outcome is indicated.
- Fearlessly and expertly guiding our customer ecosystem at every level - from technical champion to executive - along an engagement path that exemplifies best practice, optimizes for outcomes and eschews unnecessary risk in the implementation and adoption path.
- Partner with the regional sales team to develop strategic adoption strategies for our largest and most strategic customers.
- Ability to articulate value-based differentiators of Splunk's products and solutions with a goal to make existing use cases sticky and farm new use cases to grow Splunk's install base
- Experience in large scale IT or security shops
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in managing programs and a firm knowledge of how technology drives our customer's business
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills
- Ability to create and present in quarterly business reviews to an executive audience
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate adoption obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with large customers who will stretch our technology through scale or new and unusual use-cases
- Takes extreme ownership of their customer's success
- You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what "is possible" with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team, and a positive/fun-loving attitude.
The outcome expectations outlined above specify an Experienced Customer Success Leader, with some key attributes:
- Experienced, tenured, SaaS-focused CSM with a track record of delivering technology-based outcomes in Fortune 500 Customers.
- Proven track record working at an Executive (C-Suite) Level in both the Customer and Vendor side, advocating for and securing engagement and commitment at that level.
- Not necessarily a Technical Seller, but adeptly able to connect the Splunk Value Proposition at a component level to customer pain/value, and be extremely comfortable explaining the value of general use cases across Security, IT Ops, DevOps and general Observability domains to customer counterparts with Economic decision maker Personas. While not a hands-on-keyboard role, the job will necessarily expose the E-CSM to technical personas and management where above-basic domain knowledge will be key to maintain credibility.
- A programmatic mindset: able to establish clear outcomes for any customer journey (including risk avoidance and remediation), establish clear milestone-based plans towards the objective and engage the Splunk Internal and Customer ecosystem on the path, with accountabilities and deliverables clearly defined.
- Thought Leadership: bringing their own experience to bear on guiding the customer's path to next value, and recognizing the opportunities to bring other roles to bear to deepen the business and technical conversation and surface new potential.
- A Growth Mindset, leveraging deep account access to surface additional opportunity, new use-cases and keeping the Sales Ecosystem engaged with the customer in pursuit of the next opportunity, founded on exemplary execution and outcomes at each step.
- Minimum of seven (7) years related experience in IT/Security organizations preferably with leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the business.
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT or Security markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management, operations, etc.)
- Experience integrating with monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace, LogicMonitor, Nagios, New Relic, SolarWinds, Zabbix ...)
- Should be available to travel to visit customers in the region
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our expanding and dynamic Team
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $119,230.77. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).