What you will do
At Sensormatic Solutions, a division of Johnson Controls, we bring together diverse data and insights with our intelligent operating platform that is crafted to drive improved shopper experiences and retail outcomes. Our innovative solutions (Loss Prevention, ShopperTrak and Inventory Intelligence) drive improved customer experiences and enable retailers to build streamlined shopping.
As an experienced Business Development Manager, you will identify new logo opportunities to generate demand for the full suite of Sensormatic Solutions. This is an impactful business-to-business seller role responsible for directly driving revenue from brick and mortar retail clients within a defined region.
Specifically, you will target operational and information technology leadership within retail to craft and frame our value propositions to meet retail customer burdens. The successful candidate will build relationships with customers to find ways to partner in creating effective business solutions.
Are you an effective sales professional with a desire to directly impact a growing business? If so, come join our Sensormatic Solutions business and help use transform the Retail industry!
How you will do it
* Qualify major opportunities to be further pursued and drive a consistent sales strategy (value messaging, relationship approach and competitive differentiation).
* Be a specialist in demand generation activities by playing a key lead role in devising strategies to promote Sensormatic Solutions into tangible business results.
* Plan, direct and lead sales and marketing activities to continually reflect customer trends, market fluctuations, and changes in business practices/technology.
* Establish relationship with key decision makers within the Retail vertical.
* Sell and present solutions across the entire solution portfolio, while establishing and articulating innovations and growth opportunities.
* Serve as a trusted advisor and establish relationships to grow customer intimacy.
* Help enable advantages for retailers in the marketplace.
What we look for
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study.
* Minimum 5 years' B2B sales experience; experience must be in selling software (SaaS), technology, intelligence solutions (IoT, IoD) or other recurring revenue models.
* Proven track record to generate new logo customers (i.e. "hunting").
* Experience B2B selling into the Retail vertical, ideally to customers in sitting in operations or information technology teams for retailers.
* Experience selling loss prevention; EAS and Video, and traffic counting/analytics solutions.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit