About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join the Southeast team. This team sells our security solutions to Enterprise level accounts within a defined territory. The ideal candidate for the role will be located in the DC, Maryland, or Virginia area and have the following skillset:
- Ability to hunt: disciplined approach to early pipeline development. Comfortable and have demonstrated ability to prospect into enterprise accounts with the ability to leverage/ balance five pillars of demand generation: AE prospecting, SDR, Marketing, Channel and Customer referrals.
- Good qualifier: Ability to uncover / discover customer problems pains
- Good presenter: ability to present and demonstrate value based off customer pain points.
- Disciplined in sales methodology / time management : Ability to systematically execute a disciplined sales process that can be repeated in parallel without sacrificing quality
- Discipline in data integrity: Ability to continually maintain data accuracy and consistency for all accounts & opportunities.
- Ability to develop and present a business case to a customer showing high ROI across different dimensions to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to extract, document and organize lessons, knowledge and information about customers
- Ability to guide internal stakeholders through their own internal buying processes
- Grit; ability to find success in an early-stage environment without all the resources/teams available to much larger organizations
- Good understanding of how to leverage other departments including Sales Engineering, Marketing, BDRs, Product and Customer Success.
What you will do
- Sell Abnormal security solutions to your defined territory with the goal to overachieve new annual recurring revenue quota
- Work enterprise accounts (>3k mailbox organizations) from initial conversations through signing a contract and up-selling once they’re a customer.
- Prospect and generate new business opportunities with enterprise accounts (>3k mailbox organizations) to supply enough pipeline for them to hit sales targets.
- Work with Customer success to ensure a timely renewal and expansion sale opportunities
- Continually document results and maintain accurate data across all sales systems (Salesforce, Highspot, Close Plan)
- Be a voice for the customer/prospect with internal teams including Sales Engineering/POV team, Product and Marketing to ensure appropriate prioritization to close more revenue.
- Enterprise Account Hunter: Demonstrated 3+ years of direct (vs. overlay) enterprise experience prospecting, closing new logos and growing major accounts against incumbents.
- Skill in negotiating with large organizations and closing complex sales
- Proven performer with consistent over quota performance and/or top 5% of sales org
- Technically competent: Conversant in key areas: security, email, cloud, AI, etc.
- Cyber-security Software sales: Experience selling subscription software/SaaS to CISOs and security personnel
- Start-up experience: Success at a company that was early stage, underdog or was a new entrant with large competitors or similar (limited resources-build territory including: channel, tech partners, initial customer wins, etc.)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience