English Instructor – Fall 2020 (Remote)
- JUNI INSTRUCTORS
- ENGLISH INSTRUCTORS
Do you love working with kids and inspiring the next generation of thinkers, writers, and doers? Instructors at Juni Learning work directly with students ages 8-18 by teaching weekly, online English classes.
The starting rate for Juni Instructors is $20 per hour. We’ve designed the instructor role to be a flexible, part-time position. Instructors can set their availability and generally work with their students and a regular time, once or twice a week. We expect a commitment of teaching 6 hours per week and at least a 5 month commitment. Instructors will use the curriculum and teaching tools developed by Juni Learning. Each lesson is 50 minutes long, taught in an online, private (1-1) format. Eventually, instructors may have the opportunity to teach small group classes, too.
Commitment to providing students a great education. We’re excited about instructors who:
- Can coach students to master reading, writing, and language skills by asking the right questions, not demanding the right answers.
- Have a great attitude and desire to help kids build resilience and grit alongside their reading and writing skills.
- Are passionate about and dedicated to clarity and precision in their writing.
- Are confident improvising and going off script to field student questions about the material.
- Foster a safe community and encourage students to bring their full selves to each lesson.
Professionalism and initiative. We expect our instructors to:
- Treat all students and parents with respect.
- Act in accordance to a high standard of ethics, and maintain family and student confidentiality and privacy.
- Take initiative to solve or anticipate problems early or refer to another Juni Learning employee.
- Flexibly adapt to changing needs, and collaborate effectively with co-workers for any issues that may arise.
- Promote our values and mission, and serve as role models for kids of all backgrounds and ages.
- College-level student pursuing a major or minor in English.
- Experience teaching or tutoring young students and a track record of improving student outcomes.
- Dedicated to fostering a passion for reading and writing in kids and teenagers (ages 8-18).
- Respectful and encouraging of student creativity.
- Commitment to work a minimum of 6 hours per week for a minimum of 5 months.
- Ability to work well with students of different ages and different levels of reading and writing proficiency.
- Strong communication skills, especially with families (both children and adults).
- Work authorization in the US.