Job ID: 480103
Oldcastle Infrastructure , a CRH company, is the leading provider of utility infrastructure solutions for the water, energy, and communications markets throughout North America. We're more than just a manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, or plastic products. We're a trusted and strategic partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. With our network of more than 80 manufacturing facilities and more than 4,000 employees, we're leading the industry with innovation and a safety-first mindset.
The EM will work with internal and external clients to ensure that project solutions are designed to meet the infrastructure demands of developers / OEMs / retail charging stations. The EM will also be tasked with building a team of drafters and solutions engineers to support the design / quote / bid process. Finally, this person will have direct & dotted lines supporting product development and regulatory approvals
- Collaborate with internal engineering clients at the business units to create / standardize / commercialize a suite of products to sell into various infrastructure markets. This will include the design of the products and in some cases the design of the molds to produce.
- Establish the process and workflow to systematically drive opportunities through the design / quote / bid process.
- Act as liaison between Oldcastle Infrastructure ("OI") & third-party engineers as needed in the scope of product development & regulatory approvals.
- Understand the internal org structure and how to scale the central engineering team over the near & mid-term to support multiple start-up type businesses.
- Present project-specific solutions to civil engineering customers.
- Provide high-quality design calculations, basic illustrations, and advice to integrate and secure Oldcastle products on site plans.
- Establish and maintain rapport with key civil engineer customers.
- Support field and internal team members to achieve team goals.
- Assist sales team during the project bid phase by providing design review and confirming appropriate product design.
- Provide project and technical support for submittal drawings, calculations, regulatory approvals, production, and product delivery.
- Maintain engineering standards and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results and helps those around them do the same.
- Enterprise Mindset - Has an entrepreneurial spirit, operates autonomously as needed, but plays well on a team. Has a creative skillset and the ability to develop a forward-looking business model.
- Customer Focused - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Decisiveness - Tend toward taking calculated risks by making decisions and acting, even in the absence of all information
- Planning and Priority Setting - Identifies actions required to complete tasks and the best method to accomplish them quickly and efficiently. Handles multiple, competing priorities with confidence, ensuring other parties are satisfied with the quality of results and performance of these tasks.
- Hiring / Training / Team-Building - has experience hiring & leading strong-performing cohesive engineering units.
- Flexibility - the ideal individual should be able to wear different hats on different days, due the start-up nature of the business and the somewhat ambiguous nature of the role.
Key Performance Indicators
- A standardized set of products & production drawings that are scalable across the US
- UL Approvals & DOT Approvals for multiple states as needed
- Forming capacities at manufacturing hubs
- Product specifications & customer relationships
- Experience with infrastructure construction products in the Energy, Water and/or Communications market segments preferred.
- Degree in Civil Engineering and Professional Engineer certification (Structural Engineer certification preferred).
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills and an open, collaborative style.
- Effective cross functional collaborator who can balance external and internal objectives.
- High initiative and results driven; an entrepreneurial self-starter who operates with speed, simplicity, and passion to succeed.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years professional experience with 3+ years of management/team leadership experience.
- Travel is expected to be 35-50%
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to train and mentor other engineers.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the business and achieving organizational goals.
- Team player able to share thoughts openly, accept new ideas and get the job done in a highly interactive process.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, data base management software, basic CAD).
- Professional Engineering License
- Knowledge of software: AutoCAD, BIM, Microsoft Office, HydroCAD, MathCAD, etc.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click on this link .