About The Role & Team
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the team responsible for making it astonishingly easy for developers to send analytics data to a variety of Amplitude products. The team owns Amplitude SDKs and developer toolkits used to capture high-quality data to power existing products like Analytics and brand new products like Session Replay. The ideal candidate should be excited about mentoring engineers, leading technical design discussions, being hands-on with the code, and building the best possible developer experience for Amplitude customers.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead the design, development and delivery of Amplitude’s SDK portfolio and a set of developer tools for a variety of platforms and runtimes.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of a V1 product launch slated for 2024: Session Replay.
- Build, mentor and motivate a team of 6 engineers, leveraging their strengths to drive exceptional business results and challenging them to continue to grow their careers at Amplitude.
- Contribute to the team’s codebase and challenge decisions related to API design and developer delight, as well as technical direction and operational processes.
- Ensure high technical standards around quality and product performance by instituting good processes and building a culture of engineering excellence.
- Clearly communicate and collaborate across teams on technical topics and provide timely and accurate information on project schedules and dependencies.
- Build and execute on a technology roadmap that supports and complements the short and long range product development roadmaps.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 5+ years of engineering experience building full-stack customer-facing (and ideally developer-facing) applications in a fast paced environment.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience working with a wide range of platforms and runtimes, not necessarily in production, including web, mobile, and server.
- Experience building internal or external-facing shared libraries, frameworks, or tools aimed at developers is a huge plus!
- Passion for developers and building software that delights them and inspires them.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, or a related field.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform—we help companies capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. This empowers teams to build better product experiences that drive business growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
We care about the well-being of our team: We offer competitive pay and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to the health and well-being of our Ampliteers.
Some of our benefit programs include:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverages, with 100% employer-paid premiums for employee Medical, Dental, Vision on select plans
- Flexible time off, paid holidays, and more
- Generous stipends to spend on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness (monthly), learning and development (annual), commuter transit/parking (monthly), home office equipment (annual), and much more
- Excellent Parental benefits including: 12-20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Carrot Fertility Benefits/Adoption/Surrogacy support, Back-up Child Care support
- Mental health and wellness benefits including no cost employee access to Modern Health coaching & therapy Sessions and high quality physician office experience via One Medical membership (select U.S. locations only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2 Customer Reviews: #1 product analytics solution for 13 quarters in a row.
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on.
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker $AMPL.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is eligible for equity, benefits and other forms of compensation.
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in San Francisco Bay Area of California. Salary range: $234,000 - $351,000 total target cash inclusive of bonus.
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in California outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. California salary range: $210,000 - $316,000 total target cash inclusive of bonus.