About the Role
As a hands-on Engineering Manager, you’ll oversee engineers to build and ship key features. We are detail oriented and value clean, modular, and high-performing code. You'll help architect and build our internal standards and frameworks. We love engineering-wide consistency in code and have huge ambitions on both client and server side.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 4+ years of engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations
- 4+ years of engineering experience as an individual contributor
- Play the role of technical SME for the pod by diving into the weeds of architecture and implementation
- Collaborate closely with product team to develop the tech roadmap
- Recruit, hire, grow, and retain A+ engineering talent
- Demonstrated track record of shipping complex products in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of your pod's OKRs, metrics and KPIs to contribute to the overall strategy and vision.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience designing and implementing complex backend systems
- Build up technical details of existing systems
- Back end architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications experience
- Experienced with software engineering best practices – design patterns, code reviews, unit and integration testing, etc.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your teammates to enable their work and growth
- Ability to adjust the process of the team to maximize productivity
- Assess risk and proactively deliver a plan and timeline for the entire pod and their team members
- Write design reviews, architecture and help mentor the team on their design reviews