Do you hate advertising? We do too. Our view is that the advertising business is broken and needs to change, and we are a big part of the answer. Jun Group means truth, and our culture is about openness, honesty and innovation. We work with the largest brands in the world to run advertisements that are 100% opt-in, putting consumers in control and turning the industry on its head.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning and Data Engineer to join our amazing server team. This position is full-time and 100% remote with the option of working on-site once it is safe to do so. Jun Group will only consider candidates for this position who are currently legally authorized to work in the United States.
Who you are
* You enjoy a fun, creative, and engaging working atmosphere free of brilliant jerks
* You want to be part of a small team inside a large company with massive opportunity for growth
* You enjoy collaboration with other teams including product, biz dev, and our in-house QA team
* You eagerly dig into complex engineering problems
What you'll do
* Manage and grow a team of talented data scientists and machine learning engineers working across several different projects
* Be hands-on when necessary to meet a deadline or develop a proof of concept
* Collaborate with leadership from our Server, Mobile, QA, and Product teams to deliver machine learning solutions that will drive our business forward
* Experiment with new tech to find the right tool for the job
* Use Kanban to manage multiple releases per week
* Maintain high code quality through code reviews and automated tests
* You have experience hiring and managing engineering teams
* You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Python, Scala, or similar languages
* Experience working with streaming and batch data processing tools like Apache Beam, Spark, Flink, etc.
* You've built and maintained an ETL pipeline using a data warehouse like BigQuery or Redshift
* Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis
* Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
* Familiarity with Python machine learning tools like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, etc.
* Familiarity with AWS and Google Cloud big data products
What we offer
* A highly competitive compensation package
* 401k with company match
* Paid vacation, work from home, and sick days
* Annual personal development budget to attend a conference of your choice
* Designated time to work on company-related projects you feel strongly about
* Macbook Pros and any other equipment you need to work effectively from home
* Monthly company events
Jun Group is a high-powered, collaborative environment. We are looking for candidates who work well in teams, enjoy learning, and challenge the status quo. We work hard, and we have lives, too. We pay competitively based on experience, and we're open to allowing the right person to learn our industry on the job.
Interested parties should send a resume along with a cover note. We have excellent perks and benefits, and we welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into all of our roles. We believe in hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of keywords.