Note before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Driver Account Team @Heetch
We're a thoughtful and extremely talented full-stack product team. We're hiring for talent, not location, that is why you will find members of our group based remotely throughout Europe. Our mission is quite simple; revolutionise the European and International Driver signup and application experience. Drivers use and rely on the products we build every single day to earn a living. A responsibility that we hold dear and do not take for granted.
The opportunity and challenge ahead for the Driver Account team is immense and will help facilitate the companies continued growth. This team is responsible for the entire Account suite of products, which includes but is not limited to Driver profile, Vehicles / Fleet management, Business and Employer management. Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope - Basically, this means that we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence how and what we work on.
- Be Kind: It's all about transparency. We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
- Communicate Wisely: Our remote first team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Lyon, Bruxelles or Casablanca.
- Free Mind: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
- General Interest first: Thanks to team unity, no one is left behind.
- Make it Happen: Code quality? It's not software without tests.
What will be your role?
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a rapidly growing fully remote engineering team to build a product on a highly scalable technology stack (full microservices architecture in Go running on top of Docker).
- Work with engineering, product, and UX teams to facilitate project delivery by ensuring alignment and on time delivery
- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
People & Culture
- Lead a fully remote and distributed team across Europe of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
- Encourage continuous learning and development to team members to support them in their career goals
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
- Hire and grow the Engineering team by attracting the best diverse talent
- Be an ambassador for the Engineering group by contributing to the Heetch blog and being involved in the Tech community
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to drive cultural changes across the organization
Does it sound like you?
- 2-3 years of engineering leadership experience managing multiple teams in different locations
- Experience developing customer facing applications
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company
- Strong communication skills: being able to interact with a variety of profiles, from technical to non-technical
- Significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform
- Understanding and experience of building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Able to develop a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:
- Interview with your line manager (1h30)
- Interview with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)
- Day on-site (Paris) to meet your future team and stakeholders