Thank you for your interest in PeakActivity!
Location: South Florida residents; Partially Remote
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
PeakActivity is a fast-paced environment, with incredible customers, providing an unbeatable opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow in their career. We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will help manage all engineering activities within the department including design, development, production and testing. The Engineering Manager will oversee a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule.
We are looking for someone incredibly motivated and organized with great attention to detail. You must be able to think creatively, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure. You work independently with little direction and can navigate complex problems. PeakActivity is a fast-paced environment, with incredible clients. We move very quickly, but this is an unbeatable opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow in their career. Are you ready for the challenge that could launch or grow your career? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Drive the planning and execution of senior engineers and cross-functional partners in a safe and inclusive environment for ideas that lead to collaboration and urgent impact.
- Nurture a team of highly capable engineers. You'll enable the team to bond and get to know each other; this was always important, but it is even more so now given our remote ways of working. Not only will you partner with senior engineers on the team to multiply their impact, you'll also recruit and grow early career engineers
- Bring your technical expertise to bear by partnering with tech leads as well as empathizing with customers and working with product managers to build products that deliver value to customers, all while doing so in a sustainable way
- Implement lightweight processes to help the team scale and be productive, while allowing for agility to accommodate the dynamic environment that we operate in. You'll also partner with engineering leaders to do the same for the larger engineering organization.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Led multiple simultaneous teams and projects against company-level goals
- Designed and built software products from scratch by engaging closely with customers
- Experience managing and growing mid- and senior-level engineers
- Managed a team consisting of back-end, full-stack and front-end engineers regardless of your own area of expertise
- Passionate about recruiting and growing engineers
- You have a good understanding of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture.
- You have a background in computer science or a related field.
- Highly experienced with:
- React & React Native
- Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Salesforce or similar
- Serverless architecture
- Cloud computing services: AWS, GCP, Azure or similar
- 3+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development in an eCommerce space
What We Want to See
PeakActivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We're committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Loyalty, Authenticity and Create Positive Energy. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
***Only candidates eligible to work in the United States will be considered.***