About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to support a squad of Frontend, Backend, and Mobile Engineers on a cross-functional squad. The ideal Engineering Manager understands how to connect the work of the engineers to the product and business needs, emphasizing efficient delivery. At Grailed, an Engineering Manager is responsible for both the people and performance management of the squad, while creating a friendly and safe working environment while facilitating growth, providing the team with the resources they need to successfully build and support the Grailed platform.
In this role, you will:
- Create a friendly and safe work environment that values inclusion, diversity and teamwork.
- Mentor your team, facilitating their growth and providing them with the resources they need to be successful.
- Act as hiring manager to recruit, interview, and onboard new teammates.
- Be an instrumental part of planning and executing your team’s roadmap.
- Work to improve the health and function of the entire engineering organization.
- Promote an environment that fosters a supportive and performant team.
- Provide your reports with regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
- Own the planning, execution and success of sophisticated technical projects
- Identify and resolve process bottlenecks and thoughtfully implement processes that enhance the team's code quality and customer impact
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across engineering and product leadership teams
We are looking for:
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager, with a team of four or more direct reports.
- You have experience working on cross-functional teams.
- You know the ins-and-outs of management. You know how to measure the health of your teams, you can debug underperforming teams, and you have experience delivering both positive and constructive performance feedback.
- Your approach has diversity and inclusion at its core.
- People that report to you excel, you are someone people will make a sacrifice to work with.
- You are technically adept. You have a storied experience as an engineer, can assess technical risk, and speak to trade-offs.
- You have experience as a hiring manager.