What you’ll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace by achieving the following:
- Research, design, and develop advanced driver assistance systems for electric vehicles, focusing on functionalities such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, traffic sign recognition, and more.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams including electrical engineers, software developers, data scientists, and validation engineers to define system requirements, develop algorithms, and integrate ADAS features into Scout’s EV platform.
- Conduct feasibility studies, simulations, and prototyping to evaluate and refine ADAS algorithms and architectures, ensuring optimal performance, accuracy, and safety.
- Participate in system-level testing, validation, and verification of ADAS features, including real-world testing and data analysis to validate system performance and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in ADAS technologies, industry trends, and regulatory requirements to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
Location & Travel Expectations: The responsibilities of this role require attendance at in-person meetings and events occasionally. The role will be based out of a Scout Motors location in Detroit, MI. Applicants should expect that the role may require the ability to convene with Scout colleagues in person and be able to travel to participate in events on behalf of the company from time to time.
What you’ll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. You’ll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You’ll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals. Here’s what else you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in ADAS development, preferably within the automotive industry.
- In-depth knowledge of ADAS technologies, including sensor fusion, perception algorithms, object detection/tracking, and machine learning techniques.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Python, and MATLAB, with experience in developing algorithms and software for ADAS applications.
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet) and tools for development, simulation, and testing (e.g., Simulink, dSPACE, Vector tools).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data sets, identify system issues, and propose effective solutions.
- Familiarity with relevant safety standards and regulations (ISO 26262, SAE J3016) and experience in conducting safety analyses (FMEA, FMEDA) is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, present technical information, and influence decision-making processes.
What you’ll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting – with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation and benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. Program specifics are detailed in company policies and employee benefit guides, select highlights:
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility to lease up to 2 vehicles at competitive rates
This is a full-time, exempt position, eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $110,000-$140,000
Internal leveling code: IC9