Our client is searching for a passionate Software Engineer who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to assist with the development of new digital solutions that solve market-based problems. RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Ensure successful technical relationship with customers for all etch and ash development and support activities;
- Identify potential design improvement items through communication with customers, and provide proposals and blueprint designs;
- Design new customer requests and features in our existing application with the support of management;
- Work with software engineering members to decide on specifications for software requirement alignments, software quality control, and minor software changes;
- Demonstrating solutions by providing documentation, flowcharts, and clear code;
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports;
- Liaise with the service group to analyze equipment maintenance process and propose innovative improvement ideas;
- Monitor day-to-day relationships with customers for ongoing developments, and establish metrics to analyze and track performance with the support of management;
- Build computer aided design system in PEC site to access the factory master design system through communication with design engineers; and Participate and support activities with customers for new designs and new products;
- Operate plasma etch equipment and tools relating to the equipment in order to evaluate algorithm, software and system; and
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and/or ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Should have a minimum of 2 years software development or design experience
- Troubleshooting experience for the embedded system a plus Knowledge of semiconductor manufacture tool design a plus
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally approximately 5% of the time including assignments that require multiple weeks stay
- Must be willing to live abroad on international assignments that typically last three months' time or less
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of design and development for Software system, modular design, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of programming environments such as Visual Studio, Matlab, Python, R, C or equivalent systems/programs
- Knowledge of communication protocols GEM, GEM300, SECS, I2C, SPI, UART etc,
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Software implementation and development
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience of real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of plasma dry etching or semiconductor processing preferred
- Strong Engineering analytical and problem-solving skills
- General technical knowledge of semiconductor wafer processing.
- General technical knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Strong motivation to learn technical knowledge of plasma etch equipment.
- Understanding of scientific methods
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to changes in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to take R&D initiative and deliver tangible results under deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and inquisitively with minimal direction.
- Excellent teamwork and customer focus.
- Flexibility to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical analyses and results.
B.S., M.S, or Ph.D. In Software engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, or material science or an equivalent combination of education and experience