At Skyven Technologies, we have developed a revolutionary heat pump technology to decarbonize industrial heat. We sell this technology through an innovative Energy-as-a-Service model that saves our customers money with no capital outlay. We are hiring an Elecromechanical specification engineer to be part of the Product Develpment team. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world and be well-compensated for it.
Industrial heat is responsible for roughly 20% of global CO2 emissions. That’s roughly equivalent to emissions generated by all transportation (including land, sea, and air) and is a compelling business opportunity – it will take an estimated $3.7 trillion in capital investment to decarbonize the sector by 2050. Skyven Technologies has proprietary technology, an excellent customer base, and is positioned at the cutting edge of industrial heat decarbonization.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be transforming high-level solution architecture components and material specifications into completely detailed technical specifications for our supply chain and design engineers to perform sourcing and design activities. You will be joining our new product development team early in the product development lifecycle and would experience a high-energy environment that will rapidly progress into the detailed engineering and pre-manufacturing phases.
- Creating preliminary components technical specifications for a variety of mechanical and electrical components. Component scope includes, but is not limited to: large and small water pumps, motors, and VFDs in the range of fractional hp up to 1000hp; custom engineered and fabricated pressure vessels; water, steam and lubrication valves, both small bore and large bore; miscellaneous piping components; control system instruments, flowmeters, actuators; skid mounted fluid control systems for water and lubricant; switchgear and transformers
- Finalizing component and material specifications based on supplier technical feedback
- Responding request-for-information (RFI) from third-party suppliers and internal teams
- Creating specifications for value-added services suppliers to be used in fabrication process for services such as painting, welding, and powder coating
- Creating specifications for commodity material to be used in fabrication. This would include but is not limited to: steel and stainless steel piping and tubing, wire, cables, steel shapes
- Working with Solutions Architecture and sourcing teams to resolve technical gaps in specifications
- Identifying gaps in engineering specification plan and proposing new specifications or refinements to resolve gaps
- Developing documentation related to specification processes to create standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Flexible PTO
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and 401k benefits
- Salary range: $80,000 to $120,000
- We are a remote-first organization; this role is fully remote.
- The candidate must be currently based in and have the right to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of technical specification writing experience in transforming high level solution architecture definitions on components and materials into detailed specification documents
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in writing technical specifications detailed and robust enough to enable sourcing to rapidly produce request for quote (RFQ) packages and third-party vendors to determine if they can meet Skyven technical requirements in detail
- Excels at communicating technical and commercial details across a broad range of internal and external disciplines
- Able to adapt to challenges arising from working in new product development environment, and able to make forward progress even when full technical detail is lacking
- Able to utilize Google Suite, Slack, and a variety of cloud-based platforms to track and execute day-to-day work
- Able to provide accurate estimates for man hours and finish dates on your own specification tasks for the project manager to merge into master product development schedule
- Able to technically understand in the areas of engineering including mechanical, piping, civil, structural, process, electrical, and controls for the components and materials you are specifying
- Very detail-oriented, both with regards to technical information and processes
- Previous experience working as an engineer in construction or industrial new product development environment
- Prior experience implementing new MRPII, PDM, or PLM system
- CAD drafting experience in either Autodesk product suite (AutoCAD 2024, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD MEP, and AutoCAD Plant3d) or SolidWorks
- Training in six-sigma, RedX, or other process monitoring and improvement methodology
- Previous experience executing a full cycle of production part approval process (PPAP)
- Previous experience leading value stream mapping (VSM) or in-depth VSM team participation
- Component and material sourcing experience
- Supply chain management experience